Cleaning upvc window frames

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Tony Hall, Jul 26, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tony Hall

Tony Hall Active Member

Hello Guys,

Could you please give me some advice on the best way to clean Upvc window and door frames please, what's the best product to use. One of our local window cleaners washes a friends windows but the frames are black with dirt and grease, is there anything I can get hold of that will cut down the cleaning time but maintain a great finish on the frames.

Many thanks guys.:)

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Depends how far you want to go as really as that comes under the relms of upvc restoration work so many would charge extra for this for the added length of time it takes to do a proper job.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Most would just give the frames and cills a quick wipe over. There are still a lot of window cleaners that only clean glass so the price they charge reflects this.

You can get all sorts of brands of upvc cream or solvent cleaners so best just try a few to find out what works best for you. Also what they call magic sponges works quite well too but they don't last very long.

4. TolishAPurd

This^.

Others may disagree with me but I always say, if it doesn't come of with a few wipes of a microfiber cloth, then I have to charge more for it to get them right. Much of this can be done on the first clean so long as you are charging double.

5. norm

norm Grand Master

same as above and above the above
    ya can always rub frame quick with ya scrubber and wipe with micro first clean as think this helps windows get less dirty between cleans making less work for you then quick wipe after that
    took over houses that had filthy frames and dirt dripped off making v dirty
    over period began cleaning so many each time and made cleans easier for me

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

These are not windies..they are cowboys...was always taught it was part of the service..especially when your dirty water will add to the staining on the cills

It's not a "can you just"

7. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

I use the same set up of water that I use on my windows for an everyday wash, but in the case of black Upvc, exceptionally dirty, so a special clean, I would add some Bleach.

8. Tony Hall

Tony Hall Active Member

Thanks guys for the tips it makes starting that little bit easier, when I do the windows I'm going to do the frames as well. It's a shame that we have cowboy window cleaners but I suppose its the same with other trades. Thanks for the advice guys it really helps me out, so glad that I'm a member of this forum...... I don't think I could start the business without you all.:)

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

if you wipe the frames each time with a scrim cloth , they come up as good as perfect by clean 3 . cos the scrim has a roughness to it. i dont charge extra for frames , perhaps i should,

iv noticed that people seem to like to hear the "3 cleans will come up good and wiped every time " tagline .

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

My microfibre cill cloths are quite rough so bring em up a treat ...funnily enough after about 3 cleans[​IMG]

Advertisement