Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flushing Membrane

Obviously mega important but is it so essential that you need to do it even don't refill your tank each night? For example today it's rained all day so I've only managed to clean 4 houses in the brief brighter spell. I'm not planning on refilling it tonight for the sake of the 30L I used, so would you still flush the membrane after an hours use?

No, I wouldn't bother. I'm not the best person to answer as I probably flush my r/o once every couple of weeks - but our water isn't hard.

June from GAPS Water once stated that we don't need to go overboard with a flushing routine and it isn't that necessary that it has to be done every day.

No, I wouldn't bother. I'm not the best person to answer as I probably flush my r/o once every couple of weeks - but our water isn't hard.
June from GAPS Water once stated that we don't need to go overboard with a flushing routine and it isn't that necessary that it has to be done every day.

My TDS is around 365! I flush it for 10min at the end of every full day and an hour on a Friday night before I fill it ready for Monday usually.

My TDS is around 365! I flush it for 10min at the end of every full day and an hour on a Friday night before I fill it ready for Monday usually.
Personally I wouldn't flush it for an hour on Friday evening. An hour flushing will use around 800 liters. That's 800 liters your carbon block filter is working to remove chlorine from the water. That's 3200 litres of water a month just on Fridays.

Honestly, the most I flush for is 5 minutes at a time.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock