cleaning white pvc window surrounds etc

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by kars, Jun 14, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. kars

kars Guest

Any advice on cleaning white pvc surrounds and such?? I was just going to use Ciff (Jiff) but then got to thinking it might scratch it? Got a big clean up job coming up and want to get it right!!! Cheers:D

Advertisement
  2. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

I have used Ciff before - but I think it leaves tiny scratches that look ok when you clean, but get really dirty in the future.

If I have to do upvc, I either use unger liquid - diluted 1:30, or proper upvc cleaner.

Only drawback with the upvc cleaner / ciff etc is that it may leave residue that messes up the windows if you are not really thorough in your rinse after first clean.

3. I clean the UPVC every clean but only with water using WFP and that is good enough.
    Assume you have a one-off UPVC clean cos if just part of a normal window clean then I tell the customer that I will only use water to save the frames and whatever doesn't come off won't come off.
    They ussually accept this.
    :lol::):D

4. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

Swarfega multi purpose cleaner from B&Q fantastic :0)

5. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

I only ever clean the upvc by hand once - if it is really bad, after that the water keeps it up together.

If I do it by hand though - charge well for it.

Most customers prefer to just let the water do its thing.

6. harvriddle

harvriddle Guest

I use a solution of vinegar and water and it works great for me :lol:
    Bout the Ciff... Yeah, it scratches the surface.. But there is a Ciff cream, that is not abrasive, which I didn't give a try. So, it may works for you :D

7. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

With the "Swarfega multi purpose cleaner" you spray it on leave it 5 mins and wash off just the trick!!:lol:

8. nearlyclean

Supplier

You want cif bathroom cream cleaner it says on the bottle non scratch where as other brands say they do.I recently I been using Ecover all purpose cleaner with good results

9. You have to make it worth your while. I work on £35 - £45 per hour (first cleans take the best part of an hour but I call that an investment).
    If you are going to clean frames by hand it will take you a long while so as Dave says you must charge accordingly.
    I only work with the pole and what doesn't come off is not part of the deal and therefore it will cost the customer.
    You have to be ruthless as the general public are.
    Do not be soft, it will not win you any friends.
    Certainly be friendly and always polite but you have to earn a living.

10. Really, You provide a great information. I like your suggestion. Thanks!!

Advertisement