Cleaning Windows Without Landlords Permition But Tenants Permition

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by WJCN64, Feb 26, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. WJCN64

WJCN64 Active Member

I was just wondering if this is legal? Because so many poeple rent and want ther windows cleaned but say "its upto the landlord"?

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

no its not upto the landlord. 9/10 times its in the contract that they have to have windows cleaned at least once a year or just before moving out etc

but some landlords/managment companies like in block of flats etc can get it done without the tenants permition and the tenants have to pay a service charge

3. JDMW

JDMW Guru

mate they pay the rent so there kinda having the property. i clean lots of homes that are rented and there landlord only repairs things, things like gardening and other stuff they gotta pay for. i rent from the council aswell and i pay servic e charges of 3 quid a week and i get nothing done. i clean the hall ways and the windows, maybe i should bill them

4. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

that say its up to the landlord, so you go away

5. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

No its tenants responsibility, they just don't want you

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Housing association, council & even privately rented property stock it is down to the tenants to keep the outside & inside of the property looking clean & tidy. Unless they have a written agreement in the rental contract that states outside windows etc will be cleaned every so often then it's down to them when and if they want them cleaned. Simples

If you are worried about the legal aspect of not gaining the owners permision first then ask and get their permission. I would say also while doing so get them to sign a stratch glass waiver aswell at the same time to cover your own ****.

7. mr shine

mr shine Guru

what landlord is going to object to the tenant getting the windows cleaned on his property and save him the money and hassle , personally i dont think youve anything to worry about

8. harunh

harunh Legend

Well said :)

Advertisement