Cleaning with a pole problems - streaks and residue left behind

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Neil nowdownunder, Jun 26, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Neil nowdownunder

Hi all,

Ive recently started window cleaning. We moved near Melbourne 10 years ago, so most houses here are one storey (or bungalows to you). I've just done a couple of two storey houses. When I squeegee off the window it never comes off clean, there's always streaks left behind under the squeegee which is good quality and brand new.
    Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong please. Should I stand real close to the building or further back. The house I done yesterday I put a wetter mop onto the window and less dish cleaner in the solution and although better still had a couple of marks.
    Any good tutorials on YouTube or advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
    Neil.

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i suggest you practice more. put aside an hour and do the same window over and over again , dont stop till you have spent 1 hour minimum on that same window . after half an hour you should be getting more confident and finding your own style and be improving your result.

at least 1 hour ,
    itll be tiring on your shoulders yes but this replicates how you will feel on a long day where you must still get good results even if its late in the day
    dont stand too close to the window nor too far back. you will find the optimum position after the first 30 minutes

3. Jacob

Jacob Guest

Remeber to dive bomb it to the middle when you pull down, like this \ /

Not as much degree but think you get the point. And use quality rubber thats also important

4. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Why don't you just use a ladder?

5. OutlaneWC

OutlaneWC Active Member

That's what I thought aswell jake, but they seem to like to use the poles over here

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Have a look at H MAN vids maybe for pole work tips

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

The blade could be at too steep an angle
    I use an unger adjustable angle tip on my harris pole so i can adjust it depending on the situation..also it gives better reach to close out on the bottom against the sill
    Don't need to adjust it much only 1 or 2 clicks but makes all the difference
    I have seen Herman using the same sort of thing on his vids
    Also a 0° (straight) swiveloc is very usefull
    You just bend the adjustable crank right over and then the pole is like a huge 30-40° squeegee
    This is my 0°

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Wagtails are the ultimate pole tool imo
    Haven't done a vid of that yet

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have just got used to using my wagulator on a pole with the scrubber
    It behaves differently than with the wagtail channel
    I didn't like it at first but with the handle angle altered to 20° it works fine as a hybrid tool

10. keefo

keefo Well-Known Member

Do you get streaks from the top of the squeegee when doing non pole work on a one storey? I'm in Perth and get it on some windows and not others but i believe some of the streaks are down to the standard of the window, sounds daft but there are different grades and some are terrible here.

Advertisement