Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

wierdest thing to happen on your round

lee.h

whats the most wierd thing thing you've seen on your round????

Rite , i have two thinvgs that went on this week that wer pretty wierd

firstly while cleaning a house the woman ran out of her kitchen past me bangin a massive knife and a sauce pan together and ran into the distance into a field ( she was tryin to frighten birds apparently)

secondly i went around the corner of a large house to clean the rear windows and a peacock was there with the feathers up etc... i nearly filled my trousers actually

Recently i posted a thread telling of how i had to rescue a very young rabbit from a customers cat.

Another time, a while ago, i was doing a customers house which was next to a field. I was busy minding my own business, doing the many upstairs windows, when i started to get the feeling i wasnt alone, that i was being watched. I turned round and there, at the fence, about 10' away from me, was about a dozen cows, all watching me intently!. Got a bit of a fright, as i never heard them approach!.

Oh, and another one, not that long ago, i had finished doing this large country house, when the bloke who lived there came out asking if i knew anything about putting up coving!. I said i wasnt very good at diy, but was still, literally dragged into the house to see if i could suss out what he was doing wrong. He couldnt get the angles right for cutting the stuff!.

When i was working on an estate in Knowsley they have pheasants everywhere and i got surrounded by about 30+ of them at the bottom of my ladder haha i will have to find the battery for my old phone to see if i still have the picture!

I think the funniest one is when I turn up in my sign written van carrying ladders and a bucket with a bucket belt and squeegees and someone comes up and says " are you a window cleaner" ????

Yeah, i have had that a few times, even when i am standing cleaning an upstairs window with my 34' pole.

"are you a window cleaner?"

Honestly, how do you answer that one?!.

a few years ago i was working away in village that gets a lot of tourists & a group was passing me & this old girl comes up & really nicely asks ' are you a jehovas witness ' what the hell can you say to that !!!!!!!! i went ' no love i'm a window cleaner ' which is how i discovered that lots of jw's are also window cleaners or vice versa

One of the strangest things Ive come accross whilst out door knocking for customers was this old man came to the door wearing a leotard, so I asked about his windows, he then mutters "ah wait there sweet heart" and disappears inside his house were I wait for about 5 minutes thinking hes getting changed and Ive got a deal, he then reappears clutching a fiver trying to pay me thinking Im his regular guy.

Had this on the same estate an old guy answered the door with his trousers pulled real high dribble on his shirt etc so I asked the question again half heartedly were he angrily rejected my offer (no loss there) carrying on up the road the sweetest old lady chases me down the street (his wife) yes yes yes shes screaming so I go back hubby kept trying to come out she started yelling just F@@@ off in doors you c@@@ shes 80+ if a day so funny

a few years ago i was working away in village that gets a lot of tourists & a group was passing me & this old girl comes up & really nicely asks ' are you a jehovas witness ' what the hell can you say to that !!!!!!!! i went ' no love i'm a window cleaner ' which is how i discovered that lots of jw's are also window cleaners or vice versa
Ha where abouts do you work? which village was this?

Ha where abouts do you work? which village was this?
Normally they have ways of finding out without being quite so forthright. Did you have a Watchtower poking out of your back pocket? /emoticons/tongue.png

grasmere in the lake district, proper beatrix potter country. best paying round i've had gutted when i moved & had to sell up

Latest Posts

Back