Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New to wfp

Alastair

Hi

I've been doing traditional for a long time. I just got a mate to put together a wfp system for me. I have no previous experience of working with one so it's all completely new to me !

I'm edging into it slowly, and I'm pretty comfortable with that , just bringing it out on selected jobs at the moment. I'm slowly learning how to use it and maybe modify it a bit too. For example :

I want to attatch a hose reel to tidy up the hose in my van.

To save money could I use a garden hose reel, remove the garden hose and use adapters to connect the outlet of the pump via a short piece of hose (5mmID) , to the inlet of the reel, and then 50m of 5mm ID hose to the reel itself. ?

I imagine for that I would need at least 2 adapters ?

Is this just a fantasy or is it possible ? !

Thanks in advance for any help ☺

It would drive you mad, and wouldn't hold enough hose mate, just buy a hose reel from pure freedom and it will last years and years..

It would drive you mad, and wouldn't hold enough hose mate, just buy a hose reel from pure freedom and it will last years and years..
Thanks for taking the time to reply Jake.

I'll look into it.

check ebay for 8mm waterfed hose, you can get 30,50,100metres.

a reel around £25 metal,

reel/ hose fittings from wintecs, no delivery charges.

make sure you order right ones for size of hose, 8mm 0r 6 mm

then just practise and practise on your own windows and frames.

you will then know when you need to clean around frames, or just windows

If you're on a budget, the Claber reel, sold on Gardiners website, are the best for the money. A mate has had his five years, and no trouble at all. He's doing full time, 9 hour days, all WFP.

If you're on a budget, the Claber reel, sold on Gardiners website, are the best for the money. A mate has had his five years, and no trouble at all. He's doing full time, 9 hour days, all WFP.
Hi Guys

Thanks for the info. I'll look into the suggestions. Johnny , in answer to your question, yes I am using pure water , I have a Di vessel.

Latest Posts

Back