Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi I'm Rod From Sw France

WCF

Help Support WCF:

puronet64

Name :

Rod

Cleaning Method :

WFP

Years cleaning :

Area :

SW France

About me :

I recently set up a wfp cleaning & guttervac business in SW France, I have a small van with a 350l tank & 300gpd ro system & di unit & guttervac system, I am after a bit of advice from my fellow colleagues! Business is taking off quite fast as I am the only wfp pure water business around me.

I need some tips on increasing my tank filling up more quickly, I am quite lucky as the tds reading is 147 ppm from my river at the bottom of my house, so I use a pump to deliver the water to my van & I am getting 3bar to the ro unit,but it takes around 8 hours to fill my tank,my water is free but I still use a 1300watt pump,are there any ways in increasing the speed or a tablet or chemical that reduces my tds to under 40 ppm as the di unit will do the rest?

I also realised that there is only 1 pure water equipment/accessory supplier in the whole of France & none in my region, SW France(between bordeaux & toulouse)! Therefore there is also scope for setting up a supply shop & van conversion business as there are 1 or 2 in the whole of France! I was orignally in sales & I speak French fluently, maybe there is a possibility in creating some sort of partnership with a UK supplier? There is increasing demand as there are a lot of solar panels & health & safety issues for traditional cleaning methods that are asking far too much per m2.

Please contact for any advice you may have regarding setting up in France, I'll be glad to help, regards Rod

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If I made water while I slept, I'd keep waking up thinking it's overflowing. I don't mind giving others the advice though /emoticons/biggrin.png

We make water 24/7 but we also have more than one RO /emoticons/wink.png As we aint on a water meter mohahahahahah

But i am looking at the pure freedom 40/40 static system. Looks good for the money!

Welcome i would love to come window cleaning in France a little bit higher up the west coast though, went to quiberon last year and loved it, dont speak french though so it would be hard for me to do

Welcome i would love to come window cleaning in France a little bit higher up the west coast though, went to quiberon last year and loved it, dont speak french though so it would be hard for me to do
Just wave your pole at em, they'd know what you mean ;-)

Very Jelous Rod, I used to live in France for 7 years. Never saw a window cleaner, always thought it was to do with the windows opening inwards. (well round our way)

Hi Rod welcome to the forum,

if you have the money, you would need to buy a 4040 RO like the one in this link it is a 2600gpd and would fill your 350lt in around 1 hour with 80-100psi at the RO.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4040-HF5-RO-Membrane-c-w-Champ-Housing-/260583197385?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item3cabf80ac9

you can find a cheaper membrane and vessel at vyair.com or .co.uk cant remember which (membrane £214 and the housing £50.

hope this helps all the best.
Hi mate, thanks for the advise, the only problem is I have to pump the water from the river tomy van(which is 5m up & 15m away) & I only get around 3 bar which is half the pressure needed to operate the above ro system,how can i increase the required pressure

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi mate, thanks for the advise, the only problem is I have to pump the water from the river tomy van(which is 5m up & 15m away) & I only get around 3 bar which is half the pressure needed to operate the above ro system,how can i increase the required pressure
these membranes (the hf5 will operate down to 20-30psi so 3 bar is about 45-50) you would still get around 200lt per hour at that and using a 50/50 soft water valve should up the pressure at the RO
all membranes are standardized at between 80-100psi (the ones we use) this is the best performance, but will operate at less than this obviously losing litres per hour as the pressure drops

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/EZ-Pure-Single-Use-4-Litre-DI-Cartridge-JG_RO_VALVE.html

this is the best way to fast fill by RO unless you store water in an IBC (600-1000lt tank) and then transfer the water to your van after it is purified

sorry for my ignorance,but what is an ibc tank?
IMG_20130522_132021_zpsb8c01183.jpg

these membranes (the hf5 will operate down to 20-30psi so 3 bar is about 45-50) you would still get around 200lt per hour at that and using a 50/50 soft water valve should up the pressure at the RO

all membranes are standardized at between 80-100psi (the ones we use) this is the best performance, but will operate at less than this obviously losing litres per hour as the pressure drops

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/EZ-Pure-Single-Use-4-Litre-DI-Cartridge-JG_RO_VALVE.html

this is the best way to fast fill by RO unless you store water in an IBC (600-1000lt tank) and then transfer the water to your van after it is purified
Hi mate, I really appreciate the help, but do I connect this 4040 membrane to my present ro system or can the water go directly in my tank & then will go through the di vessel on demand

Hi mate, I really appreciate the help, but do I connect this 4040 membrane to my present ro system or can the water go directly in my tank & then will go through the di vessel on demand
throw the 300gpd in the bin it`s not needed you just need to install a 10 inch pre filter before the new membrane and your off. see links below for filter housing and pre filter required. (just needs this one pre filter, it will give you more pressure at the RO than using 3 stages)
your tds reading is soft water so only this pre filter is required.

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Sediment-Pre-Filter-10--FILTER_PLUS10.html

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Sediment-Pre-Filter-10--FILTER_PLUS10.html

throw the 300gpd in the bin it`s not needed you just need to install a 10 inch pre filter before the new membrane and your off. see links below for filter housing and pre filter required. (just needs this one pre filter, it will give you more pressure at the RO than using 3 stages)

your tds reading is soft water so only this pre filter is required.

This sounds good, but could you show me a diagram please, the way i figure it is I plug my 19mm hose into any standard 10'' casing holding the prefilter which then connects to the 4040 membrane(do I carry on with 19mm all the way?) and where do i connect the ro switch and what diameter are the inlets/outlets in mm on the 4040 membrane, what will the tds reading be when it ends up in my tank, considering its 147ppm from my river,will I still have to use a di vessel? If it takes no more than 1 hour to fill my tank I will also fill up while I am working at clients. And also, why isnt everyone using this system? its seems to me the best value for money?

Latest Posts

Back