Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many houses to do you a day?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Matthew Phillips

I know this is such a random one as all houses vary in size, access, distance between jobs and of course the amount of glass. But I do wonder how many other window cleaners cover compared to me. My round is still very small but I find it hard to think I could do more than 10 in a day. Feel free to state minimum in a day and maximum in a day if you want. Many Thanks fellas.

Minimum 17 jobs maximum is about 24 some of my jobs are really compact others i have to drive across a small town .

Minimum is 4 when I do some larger houses in the villages (£30-£55 a pop). Maximum is 12ish when the jobs vary between £6-20, although usually £12.

Hoping to do a bit more in this summer but only been at it 2 years so constantly in the process of dropping bad payers and the "not today"-ers and canvassing better customers and also making it more compact.

If I'm on my own I aim for 8 if they're large houses and up to 25 small 2 bed council houses (2 upstairs windows and 4 downstairs and a door). I usually work with someone and we can get up to 50 a day done if we both flat out

Every day is different for me

I have £200+ days with only 8 or 9 jobs and also really busy days for less cash

It's hard to put a number of houses for my work as it's always different plus I am doing a lot more 1 off fascia and conservatory type jobs now so that affects how many i do daily

I set out for a minimun of £200 per day some days £300.

HOWEVER I am in a verey very densley populated city with hundreds of thousands of residences to target. I think perhaps not so easy in smaller villages or towns where more between job travelling time is required.

i think you need to set yourself a daily target you are happy with based on how much you want to earn per day and tailor your work to suit once you reach your target any extra is a bonus

Dont thunk about a certaun numbet of houses like others i have a day rate to get and a week rate and a monthly rate i want to hit. House wise my min is one (very big) up to max of 12 dont want to be sweating /emoticons/biggrin.png

20-30 if matinence clean

As. Green said I also tend to go on 200-300. Like yesterday tho only done 150. 8 houses as they all first cleans

It's not a race mate , the joys of this job is to go at your own speed, who cares if you do 60 a day , work the hours you want and enjoy it

I just do what's due. And if I don't then I will do em next week. Got other things to do rather than work
Exactly mate I'm the same il maybe work a bit harder to finish up a few but who really cares , as long as your happy with what you are earning then it doesn't really matter

Exactly mate I'm the same il maybe work a bit harder to finish up a few but who really cares , as long as your happy with what you are earning then it doesn't really matter
Dead right mate. Don't wanna lay on me deathbed wishing I hadn't done those long ole days. Wanna lay there thinking I got the balance right. Glad I had those days out to the coast for lunch mid week with me little lady while everyone else is trying to reach their targets.

Very rarely double figures if I can help it. But it really is dependant on where your based, work ethic, lifestyle choices etc etc

Life's too short to worry about work, we all end up in the same place ::):
Yep and u can't take it with you mate I've got 4 grown up kids. They can have my house when I go but there won't be any money. As I have said before I only do 3 days a week. Waste of time doing anymore as I weren't spending it

I had Wednesday off cause needed it. But wen we out. Its important to grind thru it till endow day. It's to easy to go home wen raining etc. I get out. Get Full days so I can relax on days off. Agree with comments above. Get the balance right.

There seems to be a lot of opinion on this topic and that's all is is opinion and as Clint once said 'Opinions are like assholes, everybodys got one'

@Markyboy 50s way of running a business is not the 'right' way nor is it the 'wrong' way it is just the way that is right for him. As is @daveyboys methods or @peter rogers methods or even mine.

If you want to do five jobs per day and be done in two hours then do that, if you only want to work 3 days per week do that and if you want to do 8 hours per day 5 days per week then do that! simple.

What work for me (5 day weeks - 20 - 25 jobs daily) may well not work for you, but it does for me so in that case what makes it 'right' for me may well make it 'wrong' for you.

Do what works for you! Not for anyone else!

Back