Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Risk assessment

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Midlands_Cleaners

doing a risk assessment for pressure washing a multistory car park each level will be shut down whilst work is commencing, so far i have identified various hazards just wondered what risk you would expect on a job like this just incase have missed something

so far iv got

Use of jet wash

medium

Jet wash to be inspected prior to use.

Suitable eye protection to be worn.

Low

Slips and trips

Medium

Trailing cables will be strung up or put to one side.

Adequete lighting to be provded?

Suitable footwear to be worn.

Low

Prtection of public

Medium

A hearass fence will be erected which will be double clipped.

Signs will be displayed to ensure no unauthorsed access into working areas.

Low

Use of substances

Medium

Sea attached coshh assessment.

Low

I don't do power washing as part of my work but I understand you can get a lot of standing water ? How are you going to clear surface water ? so as not to cause problems. A multistory sounds like it will be a big area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't do power washing as part of my work but I understand you can get a lot of standing water ? How are you going to clear surface water ? so as not to cause problems. A multistory sounds like it will be a big area?
Shiny is spot on just to add if its in a multi story car park it wont dry as quick as its shady and usually damp. Are drains adequate enough to compensate for so much water at once. I'm guessing a multi story car park wouldn't get a lot of rain so drainage could be an issue. Where do the drains go?

Also any solutions like oil, brake fluid ect that could of leaked from cars... (I don't know if it would need treating just something to think about this will properly come under COSHH assessment)

Covering anything like paint or anything loose that could get damaged I.E crumbling walls, Elevators, loose cappings (If its an old multi story car park your risk assessment will be huggeee)

Back