Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window cleaning v's average Joe

WCF

Help Support WCF:

P

Paul

You ask any windy if they love there job they will say yes, ask any other person if they love there job and I bet 90% would say no, so by my calculations and masses of knowlege and interlect I've came up with this. ^lol

^lol

Window cleaning has to be the best job in the world.

Took me months to conduct those tests.

Agree?

Disagree?

I concur.

Though I do know one person who dislikes window cleaning, yet his is not the best circumstances and I thoroughly agree with him, if he changed who he worked with he'd love it.

i worked for a firm window cleaning last year was ok

i enjoyed beging left alone to get on with it hated working with him tho as hed be like do this do that do this when lets be onest i could just get on with it myself lol

love it on my own tho is great which i had more customers but hay i'm only 5 weeks in lol :]

I wouldn’t want to work as a ‘window cleaner’! Running your own window cleaning business is a completely different thing, even if it’ you doing all the work.

Coming from that point of view, I think its 100% better than any ‘job’ and it offers much more than all the ‘average Joe’s’ could hope for.

The thing to keep guard of is that it does become a 'job'.

Richard

You sort of lost me there Richard, so if you own a window cleaning business and do all the work your not a window cleaner ? What are you ? :-/

Your business owner, cleaning the windows is only one part of what you have to do.

The main difference for me is I am able to control the earnings, if I was working as a window cleaner for somebody else business; I would have little to no control.

My advice is don’t get bogged down with only the cleaning aspect, it is all to easy to fall into that trap, look at all your figures often and make changes frequently, ‘A window cleaner’ cant do this

Richard

(James if its love, don’t change a thing)

hey all! my first post.....and it's on my love hate relationship with window cleaning!

I love the fact it's pretty decent money, and gives flexibility, and that the more you put into it, the more you get back. but I also hate it, when the weather's not just right, and your hose tangles on everything, and you've got no motivation, and, your window cleaning lol.

I lorry drive 2 days a week, normally Friday and Saturday, so gives me something to look forward to. but if I went back to trucking full time I'd hate that even more!

but I agree with above, its better window cleaning when your your own boss. you get to reap more benefits that way!

Your business owner, cleaning the windows is only one part of what you have to do.

The main difference for me is I am able to control the earnings, if I was working as a window cleaner for somebody else business; I would have little to no control.

My advice is don’t get bogged down with only the cleaning aspect, it is all to easy to fall into that trap, look at all your figures often and make changes frequently, ‘A window cleaner’ cant do this

Richard

(James if its love, don’t change a thing)
Oh it's love alrite /emoticons/wink.png haha

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?x5mm4g

Started over twenty years ago, used to love it. A bit bored of it now, I have even looked around at other jobs. Trouble is you become accustomed to the hourly rate. In a bit of a rut with my work - hope to make some changes and start enjoying it again.

its a revelation for me to be honest... i love being outside even in the bad weather in previous jobs but i feel window cleaning has many less pressures, i havent woken up in the ***ht worrying about it yet anyway. something i certainly did in my last job...

i havent had time to get bored of it yet and im sure thats possible as time goes on, but bein tempoarily bored of something and being upset of the thought of going to work for a greedy thoughtless boss is quite another. and im quite happy to work out in the elements alone to avoid that feeling ever again haha.

im sure we've all had an old boss on our backs and felt our efforts arent benifitting anyone but them.

Back