Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

CLX or SLX?

windyman

I'm desperate for a new pole, my old one is falling to bits. Just bought a van system so just getting funds together for new pole...but should be within the next month or so.

My problem is...CLX or SLX?

I'm currently using fiberglass, so either of these is gonna be amazing compared to mine.

I think the 22' pole will do me most of my work, and then would buy extra sections to add to it as it need them.

How do the CLX and SLX compare? There's only 200g in it weight wise, but I know rigidity is a big thing here.

I keep changing my mind...so any advice welcome!

I can only tell you a clx 22 is a great pole and you can use it all day without a problem .I am sure a slx is a great pole but it is over twice the price is it worth it ?

I have an slx 25 which I use for everything. I love this pole and use it all day everyday.

I have not got a clx so can't compare but as above slx is more expensive.

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.

i'm in a similar yacht windyman, gonna need a new pole this yr and am torn. but i would definitely got for the 27/30 ft respectively, and take a section off rather than build on extra, works out a fair bit dearer.

i'm in a similar yacht windyman, gonna need a new pole this yr and am torn. but i would definitely got for the 27/30 ft respectively, and take a section off rather than build on extra, works out a fair bit dearer.
Sorry i disagree chip

I have a clx 22 £ 117 a good size you can use all day a when you need that little bit extra a extra section cost £49

or

as you said clx £ 160 only a £6 saving a good size but you wont need that lenght all the time

ban him gav, he's disagreeing with me!

no fair point , i thought it worked out dearer when i looked, must have got my pieces muddled or forgot to carry the 1 !/emoticons/smile.png

To be honest I am not sure how it compares to fg I have a short fg but don't use it much and it being short not experienced fg at hight. My slx at full length is pretty sturdy does have a bit of flex but not massive.

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.

I would go for Carbon fibre pole, even if you only ever need to extend it to just 16ft; for residential work - the accuracy and speed of a stiffer pole make them very fast to use (brush choice is important as well) Weight of the pole is a consideration but pole rigidity is far more important for speed.

There can a great deal of time saving, and this all equates to more money, majority of your work maybe ground floor and first floor windows; and maybe this is where you will spend a lot of your time cleaning?

Richard

No most of my work in residential just second floor, some 3rd floor, and some ground level stuff. Have some higher commercial too, but not a lot.

Would love to try both poles for a day. Have used SLX on one window, but need it for a day to get the feel for it.

for me its the clx as i dont have a big round i used a fg pole for a couple of years never again but its personal choice i suppose

clx 27 you dont have to take section off, just leave on its light enough. ready for when you need that xtra height.

CLX are pretty terrible when you have used an SLX. I just wouldn't go back..

Fibreglass is ok but carbon fibre pfft you won't beat it.

The CLX bends far too much when putting it up, the SLX stays stiff and light, it's the perfect pole.

Back