Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is it just me?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

matt clark

Is it just me or does anybody else get abit ticked off when certain custys think they can tell you the day, hour, minute and second they want you at the house to clean there windows? I get a text this morning saying " Hi I would like my windows cleaning this week on the Tuesday between 330 and 430. Thanks "

I told her last time I have another 30 houses in that area I have to do in that day so cannot give a exact time I will be there. Im at the point were I mite just ket it go. Anybody else have this?

I have had this problem

I just tell them I'll be round when I'm round

If they moan bye bye

The only time i let a customer tell me the time to come round is to give a quote like today no one in till 12 so i will do that

Once accepted for the job it's on my terms

if you take on jobs that they have no safe access to the back apart from going through the house you have to let them know when you are coming surely?

That is different and i have a few of those

I know when they will be around so i text night before just to confirm they will be

Still when i choose as long as they will be home

i had a few of those from when i started, when your just starting a jobs a job.im more busy now and cant arrange every thing around them.i no loyalty works both ways and i understand they are busy during the day aswell but january 2015 started a new era and they have had to go. It was only 5 but they used to stress me out. 20 mins late on the phone im wating to go out are you still coming today or if your a bit late they pi-- of out. Davey burn em at the stake and replace em with normal human beings.

I have 4, that are booked same day same time slot every month, they pay double for the privilege and they know that if we go and they aren't there we will do what windows we can and they will still pay the full bill.

They had it clearly explained when signing up so there is no misunderstanding.

the women could easily leave her side gate open for one day im sure but shes refuses. it is a high gate so it is hard to get over. If I suggest she pays double she would die on the spot lol..... best thing about being self employed is not having people moan at you about being late etc..... she aint gunna start now lol. I will explain one more time if it don't sink in ill leave it.

Is it just me or does anybody else get abit ticked off when certain custys think they can tell you the day, hour, minute and second they want you at the house to clean there windows? I get a text this morning saying " Hi I would like my windows cleaning this week on the Tuesday between 330 and 430. Thanks "I told her last time I have another 30 houses in that area I have to do in that day so cannot give a exact time I will be there. Im at the point were I mite just ket it go. Anybody else have this?
You can tell her OK but it'll be £50....

anyone wants me it has to be first job as I never know where I will end up in the day as it depends on my mood..

I did enough of the times thing when I was younger mainly to catch the cleaners on big houses so I could do the insides but I am too old now..

I do try to do all houses on the same day I always do em around the same time and start on the same windows:D..

But you don't tend to give them the month you're coming going by your previous posts:D

anyone wants me it has to be first job as I never know where I will end up in the day as it depends on my mood..
I did enough of the times thing when I was younger mainly to catch the cleaners on big houses so I could do the insides but I am too old now..

I do try to do all houses on the same day I always do em around the same time and start on the same windows:D..

yep too true mr smurf but...I am working on it ...last year i did all sorts of jobs and ignored my regulars this year I am going to reconnect and knock the round back into shape..

its the new jobs that can wait..

I found out I just escaped keeping one job as she was asking someone else on the day I did em...but also new notes going out explaining who I am and how to get me..../emoticons/biggrin.png

well...I have been a bit of a dodger as you all know....

arrived late today very slow starting....but was very happy to see empty drives...

so out comes banana and off I go...

of course my face didnt drop when the owner pulled onto the drive..

and then minutes later.....arrives her mother who is my neighbour...

but time to reconnect...any way I got two nice hot mugs of tea on a cloudy cold day here...

and the other empty drive .....filled up....but....then he disappeared again so not too bad...

but the one in the middle....well hes a ...er ..special case....who told me not to wfp as it damages his sandstone sills....and he was home...he had already told a leaflet delivery lady he didnt want her leaflet....

but I had to face him out...so knocked on the door ...and mrs grumpy answered ran off for my bucket of water as usual and came back and shoved the tenner in my hand ..exactly what she has always done....yep ...its been a tenner a long time...

hey ho money in hand and I know she wont bother me again so music on and off I go.....traditionally cleaning it ...yep I can still remember how to....and when I came around the front mr grumpy had disappeared..

yep I have to leave em all my note as its got my new rules on...well you have to train your custy.../emoticons/biggrin.png

id ignore her text , then turn up when suits you, if she barks at you ignore that,yes ignore - then eyes glazed you slowly turn towards her and your eyes are crossed as you say "just what is your problem love?"

id ignore her text , then turn up when suits you, if she barks at you ignore that,yes ignore - then eyes glazed you slowly turn towards her and your eyes are crossed as you say "just what is your problem love?"
Can't stop laughing at the vision of you turning crossed eyed and saying that lol

Last edited:
I have a couple of odd ones but it is pre arranged long term

Like the woman who is a student and i do every 4 weeks on a monday only

Lives near me just slightly too far to be bothered to carry the ladders so i drive

People like that i don't mind the odd one as always pays no hassle and not out of my way

Everyone else can put up or shut up

Back