Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How do you guys deal with these bars?

A window cleaner without ladders is like a joiner without a saw in my opinion, yeah he might have a rip snorter but will always need a saw for other little jobs, same as you might have the wfp but your a trick down without ladders, better to have them than not
Totally agree,

You can rinse them can't you? As for ladders I didn't go wfp to still use ladders, been wfp for 6 years, if a job comes a long requiring a ladder I refuse it and get other work.

I'm off out in a mo to do 2 blocks of flats with juliet bars fitted but at least they are virtical bars and not those stupid horizontal ones so can wfp them ok. Still they are a pain in the **** to do as I have to faff about getting the wfp brush in/out of the bars so adds extra time to the job.

I'm off out in a mo to do 2 blocks of flats with juliet bars fitted but at least they are virtical bars and not those stupid horizontal ones so can wfp them ok. Still they are a pain in the **** to do as I have to faff about getting the wfp brush in/out of the bars so adds extra time to the job.
As long as the job gets done smurf, that's what it is all about

As others have said you'll be wanting a ladder, (and charge extra) failing that just do the top part and explain to the customer that particular window might not be as clean as the rest cos of their crappy balcony thing.

I used a gardiner stiff sill brush today on a load of vertical juliet balcony bars http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/super-lite-radius-sill-brushes/the-super-litear-radius-sill-brush-dual-trim-stiff-bristles.html

fitted with a long arm swivel assembly http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/swivel-brush-socket.html http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/quick-loq-swivel-long-arm-part.html

and found it was easy to swivel the brush even being a sill brush long ways to get it through the bars. Was much easier to do than struggling with a fixed wfp head brush.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went round today , with ladders but didn't need them. My gardiners brush fits through the bars no problem ! Customer was delighted! Cheers for all the advice guys!

I went round today , with ladders but didn't need them. My gardiners brush fits through the bars no problem ! Customer was delighted! Cheers for all the advice guys!
Good stuff man

Nice one.

I always carry a few bits in the van to tackle diferent jobs like that long arm swivel for instance as you will find the ones with veritcal bars a pain in the **** with a fixed head brush to get them in /emoticons/wink.png

Nice one.
I always carry a few bits in the van to tackle diferent jobs like that long arm swivel for instance as you will find the ones with veritcal bars a pain in the **** with a fixed head brush to get them in /emoticons/wink.png
I've got a swivel , just not the long reach. , also need to buy a gooseneck however I'm using an aqua-tap and I don't think there's a way of making them work together. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

I know there's an gooseneck fitting for aquadaptor but preferred the action of the Aqua tap.

Saying that there's lots more on my list to buy this month. New bag of tullison, wider range of trad tools, boab, trad pole, tank for the van , the list is endless haha

I would not even try from the outside as the doors open inwards so the lazy bees can clean them their selves if they wanted too

those glass ones, are pretty much impossible, i did one half window cleaned half a mess.

I would not even try from the outside as the doors open inwards so the lazy bees can clean them their selves if they wanted too
i just squirted water down, i havent much patience for awkward jobs, if they cant be done quickly with wfp id rather not do it at all

Latest Posts

Back