Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What WFP brush for self cleaning glass?

windowsurfer

I have a self cleaning glass conny roof to clean, which is dirty, just wondered if I would get away with my medium mixed gardiners brush. I emailed Gardiners and they said their soft cladding brush is recommendedhttp://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/cladding-paintwork-brushes/the-super-litear-dt-fully-flocked-soft-cladding-brush.html

Just wondered if anyone uses this one, or which one wont damage the self cleaning glass?
What brushes do you have ATM windowsurfer?

u need a soft brush for self cleaning glass well shall we call it how it is (EASY CLEAN GLASS) a stiff brush could scrach the coating so ide recermend a soft brush like a boarse hair ir soft mono or a flocked brush the gardner black is the stiffest bristel ide use

I have a new black flocked gardiners brush n I asked in the email, would it be ok but they didn't say yes or no, but said their claddingbrush is the recommended choice

There's a clue in his question Tuffers /emoticons/tongue.png.......:rofl:.

I have a new black flocked gardiners brush n I asked in the email, would it be ok but they didn't say yes or no, but said their claddingbrush is the recommended choice
/emoticons/tongue.png......./emoticons/biggrin.png:whistle:

Windowsurfer, I have done quite a few of these and always use the black flocked Gardiners brush with no problems. but i suggest you "test" a bit and don't use loads of pressure on the brush head. If you have stubborn green to shift, pre soak (wet and leave it for 10 mins or so), if possible use warm/hot water.

Windowsurfer, I have done quite a few of these and always use the black flocked Gardiners brush with no problems. but i suggest you "test" a bit and don't use loads of pressure on the brush head. If you have stubborn green to shift, pre soak (wet and leave it for 10 mins or so), if possible use warm/hot water.
Thank you Kahoona,wont have warm water, but have been thinking of portable heating system in new tax year, seems like a good idea, using warm water.:thumbsup:

Back