Cold Calling?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Corrado, Nov 12, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Corrado

Corrado Guest

Alright all. Im a long time window cleaner about to start out on his own. I got everything ready to go canvassing this week but saw a piece about cold callers on the telly box this morning and it got me wondering. Do people class our canvassing as cold calling? and does everyone avoid doors with a 'No cold caller' sign?

I can imagine some people are pretty rude which is a downside im getting prepared for. Smile and move on is the idea, but it must be depressing if it happens too often.

edit: ive just read the first post in the Window salesman topic and I feel better already :)

Advertisement
  2. laddergarder

I don't see many 'no cold caller signs' around here. I have seen a couple, but that is about it. I remember posting a card to someone with one of these signs, and she came running out. I said I never knocked because of the sign, so that is why I just carded you. She pretty much said, you don't count, was more pressure salesmen for double glazing, energy companies and charities wanting you to dd monthly donations she hated. But was fine with me.

3. chris777

chris777 Newcomer

hi corrado, just get out there and treat it like a game of wills you will get people slam the door from time to time but you can be knocking whilst anything is going on in the house, i find the more rude people are the more i chuckkle and just remember the more times you hear NO the closer you are to a yes!!

Also im in sussex and there are no knocking signs in most places, ignore them!!! there is no law against cold calling! ive had the police turn up and i allways tell them to tell me what law im breaking and they cant because there isnt one!! im allways very polite with customers and if they say no i say can i leave a leaflet, thanks very much enjoy the rest of the day goodbye and 90% of people will take a leaflet..... im a bit cheeky and knock every door even if theres a sign on the door sayin no cold calling and even then you dont get a frosty response sometimes you get the odd person point to the sign and shut the door but you will be very suprised how polite the great brittish public are in general............ Good luck keep us posted on your progress

4. chris777

chris777 Newcomer

speak of the devil lol

5. Corrado

Corrado Guest

Ok cheers, you put my mind at rest. Actually looking forward to it in a weird way! I never had to canvass at my old cleaning job, they had others doing it, but the amount of people that I took on for the company just through being out there shows how many people are in need.

My phone camera lens sticks up just right n my jacket pocket, might get a few youtubers, ha.

Ill make a post about what I experience in a few days.

Cheers again.

6. harunh

harunh Legend

a lot of people dont mind but u will get that odd 1 customer who will hate u for knocking on the door.. but its part of the game :p so gota get on with it lol

7. Luffy

Luffy Member

I personally don't really like knocking on the doors with blue stickers but that's just a personal preference

Advertisement