Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Forgot To Put Customer In Diary And Hands Smell From Gloves?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

buzzing

I keep smelling something that smells like dog p**, I think it's from my window cleaning gloves, not matter how much I wash my hands after wearing my window cleaning gloves (like a wet suit material) my hands still smell, should I soke the gloves or put in washing machine?

Also at least two of my customers I forgot to put in my diary that I was doing them after four weeks or whatever, one called me up and i apologised, but this really old guy I went around- when i met him he thought I was a guy trying to sell him £8000 new windows, i said I was the window cleaner, then he seemed to remember and said oh you came then didn't come back( i was 3 weeks late) i explained that I had forgotten to put him in the diary. He went on about money problems, when I asked if it was because I hadn't come on the right day ( 3 weeks late) he sort of nodded, but I couldn't tell if he knew what I was saying or whether he had dementia or whether cos he was from Bournemouth (the South Coast) he wouldn't say what he thought and wouldn't answer my question about if it was cos I was late (I find people from the south coast don't say what they think and this is annoying).

Should I bother going around again? Anyone lost customers like this?

I keep smelling something that smells like dog p**, I think it's from my window cleaning gloves, not matter how much I wash my hands after wearing my window cleaning gloves (like a wet suit material) my hands still smell, should I soke the gloves or put in washing machine?

I would scrub them, personally I don't use gloves but I do have a couple of damp microfibre cloths, I place in my hand & wrap around hose to clean the dirt off as winding it in, same for pole hose

I use gloves and my hands starting to smell, its the sweat from your hands mate don't wear gloves in the summer because you will get brown arms from the sun and white hands lol trust me last year was the worst I looked like I had problems lol

Also at least two of my customers I forgot to put in my diary that I was doing them after four weeks or whatever, one called me up and i apologised, but this really old guy I went around- when i met him he thought I was a guy trying to sell him £8000 new windows, i said I was the window cleaner, then he seemed to remember and said oh you came then didn't come back( i was 3 weeks late) i explained that I had forgotten to put him in the diary. He went on about money problems, when I asked if it was because I hadn't come on the right day ( 3 weeks late) he sort of nodded, but I couldn't tell if he knew what I was saying or whether he had dementia or whether cos he was from Bournemouth (the South Coast) he wouldn't say what he thought and wouldn't answer my question about if it was cos I was late (I find people from the south coast don't say what they think and this is annoying).

Should I bother going around again? Anyone lost customers like this?
I live in the south coast you plonker :Image3:

do you say what u think ? or give people a confusing mix of information. (people like to know where they stand mate!) I am from south Milton Keynes/Northampton, but they are not as weird as people from Bournemouth

you recommend washing the gloves or soaking them?

do you say what u think ? or give people a confusing mix of information. (people like to know where they stand mate!) I am from south Milton Keynes/Northampton, but they are not as weird as people from Bournemouth
you recommend washing the gloves or soaking them?
Well I think you understand the nut cases up north, where as you don't understand the normal people down south.

It's the same thing the other way around too.

Lol

I would invest in George (window cleaning software)

As for smell, change the gloves. If they are anything like the unger ones (wet suit type material) they were smelly!

As for smell, change the gloves. If they are anything like the unger ones (wet suit type material) they were smelly!

What ones don't make your hands smell so much? I like wearing gloves because I can then push my hands all over the place I feel braver if there's spiders and filth etc and keeps hands out of sun as well i guess, I wear long sleeves so stay white all over.

Just got George from google, if it's on your computer can you use it to remind you and if your computer's not switched on how can it remind you? I just put the addresses into the diary on my phone, but obviously forgot sometimes- can George help me with my forgetfulness?

Very Very very rare i wear gloves bud. If i do its seal skinz ones.

As for george. We check daily and print out jobs for the day. So know lol, it wont remind you.

I see, I like wearing my gloves except for the smell left! I only work on Saturdays at the moment, so wouldn't print out from George everyday. And anyway, if i forget to put the customer into George anyway would it be of know help anyway, or is George set so it automatically reminds due to knowing 'how often' that particular customer gets done? Then I wouldn't have to remember to input the customer every week, would I?

I've been using George for the passed few weeks and, it's perfect for me.

Buzzing, let's say you have a customer and you clean her windows every 4 weeks and let's say you've cleaned them today(10-5-13), you get home, open George, double click the customers name and click done. George will then automatically work out that the customers next clean is due on 7-6-13.

You can also tell George that you only want to work on Saturday and if you check George on a saturday morning, all the jobs for that day will be listed at the top. All you need now is, something to remind you to check George every Satuday ;-)

Mart.

I don't know how people do without it!

I know that there are other versions but I use George is cheap & easy to use! priceless admin help

Goves - Stick them in the washing machine with your normal clothes. I used to do a lot of scuba diving, and thus wore neoprene gloves very often. I had heard that you shouldn't wash them in a machine, but I did with no problems. My neoprene gloves, hood and knee pads were washed frequently in a washing machine with no problems. I just put them in with my normal clothes on a 40 degree wash.

Forgetting Customers - not good, as this is the life blood of your business. Use some window cleaning software. I use Aworka, there are others out there. You set up the customer once, tell the software the frequency, and it tells you when everyone is due (amongst other things).

Weird Customers - If they pay on time and fit in with your overall plan, then keep them. Who cares if they are strange as long as they are not psycotic or anything like that.

Goves - Stick them in the washing machine with your normal clothes. I used to do a lot of scuba diving, and thus wore neoprene gloves very often. I had heard that you shouldn't wash them in a machine, but I did with no problems. My neoprene gloves, hood and knee pads were washed frequently in a washing machine with no problems. I just put them in with my normal clothes on a 40 degree wash.

Forgetting Customers - not good, as this is the life blood of your business. Use some window cleaning software. I use Aworka, there are others out there. You set up the customer once, tell the software the frequency, and it tells you when everyone is due (amongst other things).

Weird Customers - If they pay on time and fit in with your overall plan, then keep them. Who cares if they are strange as long as they are not psycotic or anything like that.
You have a hood and knee hood made from wetsuit material? For the rain?

I've got 450 customers.

I have a ring binder with all my customers in it.

I aim to clean their windows every 5 weeks, give or take, ie hols, very bad weather days.

I start Monday morning, and after 5 weeks I've done all 450 customers.

Monday morning comes around again, and I do it all over again.

I don't miss any customers, I give myself 10 mins to look at my customers for the day before getting out of car at 8am, and away I go.

I've done it like this for ni on 30 years, my system is about as simple as it gets.

I knew a George once, or was it Dave, can't remember.

rs2315.

Back