Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Killing lichen

Has anybody used jeye’s fluid with any success in assistance to power washing? I’m not keen on going down the hypo route as i have no experience or training with it. Thanks in advance

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
When I first started out Jeyes was and still is one of the best for using post and pre pressure washing.
Arrive at the job.
Watering can with Jeyes & stiff brush scrub area over.
Unload van & set up pressure washer.
P.wash area.
Tools away.
Watering can with a weaker mix of Jeyes over area.
Job done.
I love the smell as do a lot of my customers especially the older generation.
Think it's a bit like Marmite!!
Normally pick up a can from Wilko around £7

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

ThankS fella, what are its qualities specifically when it comes to killing lichen? Does it get the job done? They’re a nightmare

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

ThankS fella, what are its qualities specifically when it comes to killing lichen? Does it get the job done? They’re a nightmare

Seems to clean well never had any complaints I use it on my own paths & Patios.
Also need to take in to consideration your force of water coming from your pressure washer.
I'm using a 13hp Honda.
As with most posts it's what's works best for you.
Have a go and see what you think.
[emoji4]

Ok, using a 6.5 hp clarke, to be fair it’s awesome. would have another if this one ever packs in. Sometimes could just do with that extra bit of oomph to ease it’s pain that’s all as i have to ramp the throttle up sometimes to remove stubborn lichen. had it 3 years. Great value for money

Ok, using a 6.5 hp clarke, to be fair it’s awesome. would have another if this one ever packs in. Sometimes could just do with that extra bit of oomph to ease it’s pain that’s all as i have to ramp the throttle up sometimes to remove stubborn lichen. had it 3 years. Great value for money

As long as your customers are happy and your paid happy days.[emoji106]

WIlko green gone, £6 for 3ltrs....... best post clean algae/lichen killer ive ever come across, 3ltr will do several driveways (its a concentrate, i use a couple of shots more than recommended for surety of effect) and it keeps the moss/algae from returning (which will happen over the course of around 2-3 months without a treatment) I always offer a biocide treatment particularly if they arent having it sealed, then at least if they dont take it then they cant come back at you when its green again in a couple of months. it can be applied by sprayer or watering can and i personally offer it for a supplementary price as it keeps your work looking good and costs very little in time and materials

It kills black lichen over time.......that is all that needs to be said, saves you the hassle of them complaining about the remaining rooted in lichen as it WILL kill it over a week or so. the only "shock and awe" treatment for it is hypo but its unnecessarily hazardous (unless your on the perfect driveway where runoff wont touch anything stained, painted, alive or otherwise impervious to bleach). 

havent tried jeyes although I know it can be effective in the short term, over time though I like the dependability of the green gone, its basically the same as patio magic/patio wizard but is a hell of a lot cheaper and has an extra longevity ( 9 months rather than 6)

hope this helps

Ben 

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock