Collections advice?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Vinny vin, Jun 24, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Vinny vin

Vinny vin Sparkles

I get that many jobs a day that people don't pay me then I'm constantly owed / chasing my money down. Any tips on how to lower the amount of none payers I have or a quick way on collections ? Any tips or advice chaps?

Advertisement
  2. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

lol i be owed a load sometimes but it always comes in give an invoice with payment options

3. TolishAPurd

Probably best to just have a friendly word with them mate. I have 'payment within 3 days' on my invoice, I still get them as and when though.:rolleyes:

I just got a late payment tonight, probably 2 weeks late, but he chucked a fiver in to sweeten it. Only had him about 5 months, quiet lad but seems like a good egg.

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I get those who aren't in to use paypal or bacs
    Paypal you will spend about 30ish pence for a tenner but still cheaper and easier than collecting

5. heyoh

heyoh Active Member

i hear you can get a paypal card reader, not sure how much it is, will look into it, happened to me before that they said oh sorry no cash today and i dont do cheques, - but you surely have a debit card lol

6. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Exactly what I do.. 3 days, but still takes people a well minimum !

7. TolishAPurd

I have had paypal from day one. If I had to go around in the evening collecting I would have given up after the first month.

Card readers a good idea, but with apps on phones and things now, they might be a bit redundant. I have started recommending to my custies to get the paypal app as its quicker and easier... which means they don't put off paying me.;)

8. Jacob

Jacob Guest

over here we have a app called Mobilepay works a treat just type phone number then amount of cash and then deliver nice and easy. i get pay 7/10 times within a day or so, other than that i use bank transfer. Paypal is really not excisting over here.

Cannot imagine going to collect, doing the round once is enough :D

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Paypal is basically the same
    Type my email in and amount and pay

10. cheapncheerful

yeh in fact I think the no collecting has made me really love this job...

in my youth I could raz around in my sports car with the roof down and have a pint but nowadays the hardest thing I have to do is work out who has paid online and who hasnt..

I think I know who ben was that sent me £8 but really please put your full address custys..

I do have one slight problem...

I can remember certain custys were out when I did them and I left my online payment but..

I havent had payment ..thats easy to check ..but..

did I call back the same day whilst in the area and pick the money up, now that is more difficult to remember...

yes I know ..right it down but...me and pens and paper...not so good..

so the couple I am thinking off will just get a double bill and see if they protest...:rolleyes:

Advertisement