Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

100 psi shurflo pressure switch problem?

Podrikk007

Hi guys. Just got a new shurflo 100 psi to replace my cheap eBay pump. It pumps water fine but when tap is turned off it just shows de (dead end) on the varistream and it pulses every couple of seconds. pressure switch doesn't seem to engage. Had switch off, that works . Out of ideas. Anyone had similar problem or know where I should be looking? There's no leaks in the system and I'm running at 30/99 flow. Thanks everyone

Re showing 'de' when you turn off tap, isnt that what it is supposed to do?. As for pulsing, unless you are very lucky and have a completely 'sealed' system, you will get that. I sometimes find after i have changed the resin in my vessel, it starts doing this. But there are a lot of potential places in your system for you to be losing a little pressure, not all of which, you would be able to see!. If it pulsing every few seconds, i would be wanting to get to the bottom of it, but if it is only doing it every few minutes, i wouldnt worry about that.

That's meant to happen...that's what your flow controller is for- it dead ends (stops the flow electronically) rather than use the pressure switch on pump (stops the flow physically), which should make ur pressure switch last longer!

With The other pump I was using . The pressure switch activated as soon as I turned the tap off on the hose . This new one says de and every 3 seconds or so it will pulse . Pressure switch doesn't turn the pump off. Which is what it's supposed to do isn't it? There's always summit with DIY systems Isn't there. Lol

The pressure switch should last forever as it has never been activated. Apart from when it was on 99 and I put a tap straight on the hose from the pump. And seconds later, switch came off and de again.

Only been cleaning for just under two month. Probably got used to my old system setup. That was an 80 psi pump . I tried a pump without a pressure switch and when i turned tap off it used to de when it couldn't phisically pump any more pressure. It sort of burned itself out. But there was some canny pressure in the hose when I turned tap back on

Side point - the pressure switch can be adjusted to cut out sooner / later with an allen key in the base of the pump. Wind it in to increase the cut out pressure, or out to decrease.

I adjust mine by fitting my longest pole to longest hose length, fully extending and holding above head - then wind out the allen key until pump cuts out, then wind it in 1/4 of a turn (More if the pump is pulsing on - off)

This greatly reduces the wear and tear on fittings and the pump as they are not pressurised any more than necessary.

Also - if you should ever burn out the pressure switch - dont buy a new complete unit - go to maplin & get a microswitch for £1.99

Thanks. Think iv sorted it. Was playing with the calibration on my controller and think I have sussed it. Not as easy as people think sometimes. Hope there's no breakdowns on Monday. Haha

Latest Posts

Back