Come back next month

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by ricoclay, Mar 5, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

In the last few weeks I have had a lot of "My windows are still looking clean after you did them last" and "has it really been 6/8 weeks". Been out today and only managed 4 jobs as all of the others have said "can we leave it for a couple of weeks...........money is a bit tight" etc

Is anyone else finding this and how do you get over this short of egging the f*ckers windows ;)

Advertisement
  2. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

it is because people are running out of money, i think it might get worse after april witht the tax credit thing,

how many jobs where you meant to do?

it is part and parcel of window cleaning, just say ok, and if theydo it again, dump

3. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

I was meant to do 9 only today coz I had a hospital appt this afternoon. P*sses me off

4. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

you should of just started on tomorrows work, i use to get like that go out for a full day worth of work and come home hardly earnt any money, with not this month and just do the fronts only, not if it get a not this month, i just asked them is it just this month or do you want me to remove you from my list, as a lot will say not this month as they only want you to clean the windows when they want them cleaned, if they say not this month 2 times, i dump them, one of the biggest problems is 8 weekers, who think thye can ask for 8 weeks as other window cleaners offer this, i just say dont do them sorry, as i got to find a replacement for you on the other months, unless i can find a 8 weeker,

had one women moaning as i wouldnt do a 3 month cycle for her

when you get days like this, finish early and go knocking

5. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

If it's a good customer & they only do it now and then, I say ok & move on. If it happens repeatedly, I just explain to them that it's now or never, as I have to build up reliable customer base that will pay my rent etc. Can't be having 'leave it this month', as I can't tell that to my landlord!

6. rjacandwc

rjacandwc Well-Known Member

It has happened to me a few times... I try to get in when they are not in and then they have to pay lol...
    Blue Monkey... What is happening with the Tax Credit thing???

7. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

they are reducing the amount that you dont receive it at, and all so upping the hours that you need to work to get it

8. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

I would have gone knocking if it wasn't for the hospital appt. You say about 3 monthly.........I had one customer ask for 16 weekly a few weeks okay.........said "yeah, that is fine......however it's gonna cost you double each time".

9. Posh

Posh Hero

2 leave its and there gone simple as that. Can't be mucked about like that.

10. chip

chip Guru

5 out of 9 said leave it? you're not knocking before you start are you?

Advertisement