Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quoting for sofits and fascias

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Newtothegame

Hi there,

I'm relatively new to window cleaning and I've been asked to give a quote about doing fascias and sofits aswell as all the windows. How do you quote for it?

Lastly is there a specific way to clean them? I use the water fed pole.

Thanks in advance

David

£30 or there abouts a side on a normal semi. Depends if the customer drives a Porsche or a Mondeo really. Virosol used diluted on the plastic makes the job so much quicker :thumbsup:

I just got of the phone and booked in a small 3 bed detached for £140. Mind you that was for clearing the gutters aswell.

Another two earlier today booked in over the phone was for £95 just to clean the ouside of the guttering, facias & soffits. The other one was for £120.

There is good money to be had if you get the price right as some jobs can be pigs to do. /emoticons/smile.png

reading @Smurf 's prices, i think it's different when someone calls up for a quote and when an existing customer asks, personally I wouldn't go as high with a loyal customer

reading @Smurf 's prices, i think it's different when someone calls up for a quote and when an existing customer asks, personally I wouldn't go as high with a loyal customer
yep that be my problem i only do my custys at present and dont advertise for gutter cleaning so it is different ...just dont tell smurfy i cleaned my neighbor's front gutter for a fiver this morning.. and i doing the other neighbours back and front for a fiver tomorrow....but i don't be a professional...for that it will get flung anywhere and i will just brush up afterwards as they wont be in...they had better not be in....:specs

yep that be my problem i only do my custys at present and dont advertise for gutter cleaning so it is different ...just dont tell smurfy i cleaned my neighbor's front gutter for a fiver this morning.. and i doing the other neighbours back and front for a fiver tomorrow....but i don't be a professional...for that it will get flung anywhere and i will just brush up afterwards as they wont be in...they had better not be in....:specs
Thought of you today cnc, as my first customer was sitting in their large conny all the time I was working away, drinking coffee then wife joins him, got to try keep it cool, heart rate rises a fair bit.

I asked a custy today if they wanted guttering cleaned outside, they said yes, I dont know how how long it will take to do, about 35meteres of gutters,big bungalow, spider webs stuffed everywhere, need some slim tool to get them out? Dont know if I shoud get virosol or ubik2000. May get the hot water sill brush from gardiners, probably spend more on equipment than jobs worth, but it may pay for it I suppose. Need jobs I can do in the rain, as got rained of again today, only had five houses left to do.

oh yes ....:specs:specs:specs i know most people dont watch but its just i tend to go to pieces when people are about ...some are great..and i leave the occupied rooms till last and they move...but some dont care....just watch me slip and bang the glass with my applicator or blade....

today i was rushing everywhere and it was all going to plan but then....well she said she would be out ...but she was in....and i was being paid by the hour....boy did i slow down....it was her garden as her lawnmower had broke...i really like to work like the clappers but suppose every now and then i have to slow down..

yeh windowsurfer sometimes its just do the job to pay for the equipment for future use...you can guarantee if you went out and bought it you would not need to use it..../emoticons/biggrin.png

Sally sill fitted with wide fan jets I've found a good general brush to use on guttering so might be worth giving one a try.

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/The-Super-Lite--Radius-Sill-Brush-Flat-Trim-Stiff-Bristles--Red--BRUSH_SLSILL_DTSTIFF.html

Regarding cobwebs you could either try brushing/wiping them off first then clean the area by hand or just water blast them instead like mostly I do using a hose pipe and/or or wfp connected to an outside tap. Being a bungalow will be a much easier job height wise so should take less time and effort to do than a 2 storey house. After saying that depending how bad it is could take you a few hours to do properly so I would allow myself half a day (3-4 hours) on a job like that. Doing it any quicker but still properly would be a bonus.

I asked a custy today if they wanted guttering cleaned outside, they said yes, I dont know how how long it will take to do, about 35meteres of gutters,big bungalow, spider webs stuffed everywhere, need some slim tool to get them out? Dont know if I shoud get virosol or ubik2000. May get the hot water sill brush from gardiners, probably spend more on equipment than jobs worth, but it may pay for it I suppose. Need jobs I can do in the rain, as got rained of again today, only had five houses left to do.

Thanks smurf. Its an unusual height probably between bottom floor n 1st floor height if that makes sense so half the height more than normal. With sneeky gutterin that turns in onto roof in a couple of places. Want to do a good job, as they really appreciate the work i do, wife says she looks at them with a smile when returnin home, had to help her poor hubby start the lawnmower yeaterday, as got parkinsons n doubled over, got that after retiring, so he cant do much for himself. Sad stuff. Hate that for myself. Thanks for advice n link.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2

I'm sure you will do a good job and good for you for helping the chap out :thumbsup:

Post some before and after pic too /emoticons/smile.png

All depends for me how long they leave it and what state they are in to be honest.

After saying that what with inflation after a year or two if I charge the same as the last time they are getting a good deal anyway... some I put the price up a bit as you do /emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a neighbour of the house I was doing a uPVC clean on and ask me how much today. I quoted £xxx for a double sized conny roof and SFG, she :eek:, ooh, I only paid £60 last time. I'll think about it she said. More fool him I say.

I've found a few that just want cheap jobs doing also cheap cleaners are in abundance these days. However there are many ppl that would rather pay more to get the job done properly, safely and professionally by someone they like/trust especially if recommended by others.

I would rather walk away than take on poorly paid work myself.

yep mr smurf my cheapo power wash over the road is starting to show...you couldnt see anything at the time but now you can see the blast lines...well if he wants me to take more time he can pay me more money:D

here in cheapo town..i was doing the neighbours and one said how much to clean mine ...they are only small modern semis...so i thought and said £5 normally but £7 first time ..(i did that house last about two years ago)..oh i will have to ask the wife...hes a solicitor...

yep mr smurf my cheapo power wash over the road is starting to show...you couldnt see anything at the time but now you can see the blast lines...well if he wants me to take more time he can pay me more money:D
here in cheapo town..i was doing the neighbours and one said how much to clean mine ...they are only small modern semis...so i thought and said £5 normally but £7 first time ..(i did that house last about two years ago)..oh i will have to ask the wife...hes a solicitor...
Dump em before you start!

Back