Commercial canvassing

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by OutlaneWC, Aug 7, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. OutlaneWC

OutlaneWC Active Member

so I'm thinking about sending a couple of emails out to a few hotels, restaurants and businesses to enquires about window cleaning and just wondered if anyone had any template that's they send or go by? I'm not the best at writing stuff like that and kinda over complicate matters ha
    Once again thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

Good luck. The only suggestion I can, er, suggest, is never, ever start a conversation or post with...so. :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. OutlaneWC

OutlaneWC Active Member

So what? Lol

4. Johan

Johan Member

#4 Johan, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    I was sending email to alot to all kind of job. It gave me nothing. The best is go there, Walk in and just ask them.
    "Do you have a windy?"
    They almost every time say, yes. To get rid of you.
    "But why are your windows so dirty?"
    "Im giving you a price right now"
    Works great for me on smaller job.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

5. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

Green Pro Clean Ltd done agreat post a while back on commercial cnavassing of the high street.. hunt it down... it helps :) use the search feautrue

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

you need a road in . a good way in is to befriend a current employee of the business and later ask them to ask the decision maker on your behalf . i picked up a big hotel using this method ,my insider found out the current contractors price too which was cool.

7. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Honestly you just need to walk in and ask one question 'Who deals with the window cleaning side of things here?'

Ask with authority, no 'errmm, sorry if it's no trouble' or 'could I just get a name?' type stuff.

You OWN the place, you have the right to this information and you are TELLING them to tell you!

8 out of ten people will will simply give you a straight up answer.

8. Scribbo

Scribbo Newcomer

Some good advice here ,although I'm not sure I like the idea of undercutting a current contractor , there's enough work out there for everyone without having to steal work, and if everyone adopted that philosophy we'll all end up working for nothing.

9. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Now please bear in mind Scribbo that as I write this I am one of the more expensive windys in Nottinghamshire however I still only charge what I believe is a fair price for my time.

If I hear another windy quotes £150 for a job and I think it's a £200 job then that's what the quote goes in at, HOWEVER, if I hear he charges £150 and I think, 'well that's only £100 of work' then that is what the quote goes in at.

What others charge matters not in the least to me, all I care about is charging what I believe is appropriate.

If I happen to have undercut someone by £50 and been awarded the job then that's fine by me, I haven't 'stolen' a damn thing. I have been asked to quote, done just that honestly and gotten a result.

All this about treading on other windys toes, undercutting being wrong etc etc matters not in the least. As any truly experienced chap here knows you will have random Joes on your rounds trying to undercut you 2, 3, 4 times a year, do you lose your round every time? No cause customers are not so fickle that price is all that matters. People want reliability and quality and they also like to be loyal to tradesmen that take care of them.

Just today I took another job of a fellow window cleaner in a small village near me, I did so by charging £5 more than him but the client has come to me ass I do the frames and sills and he simply wont do it. Do I care that I took this work from him? NOPE, he does not pay my bills and put food on my table I do. His loss (laziness) is my gain, will I lose sleep over it? Doubt it.

If I knocked a street of residential houses and said said to all of them 'I'll undercut your present window cleaner by £2 per clean' by the time I got to the end of the street I doubt I would have picked up many if any.

Also in the world of commercial these days, a professional approach, liability insurance, RAMS and reputation go a lot further than a cheap price.

Just my opinion.

10. Scribbo

Scribbo Newcomer

what you do is Upto you , that explanation seems better than the first , which did come across like you undercut to get work.
    Perhaps , on reflection , I'm not truly experienced enough to read that in your first post

Advertisement