Commercial gutter job

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by SkulBlaker, Sep 30, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. SkulBlaker

SkulBlaker Well-Known Member

hey guys just drove past a local care home (place is very big) and the gutters are filled with :turd: so just decided to drop in and ask if they want them cleared, owner is back tomorrow from holiday but the manager seemed very keen about it, question is what price do I go in at? I'm clearingn house gutters just now for around £1.50-£2 a meter but unsure wether to price lower for a commercial job or higher. I reckon if I price £1 a meter it's a £1000 job (lots of separate buildings)

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Wow that's cheap £2 a meter!?!

You can charge a lot more than that for houses mate,

With the commercial, work on a day rate mate, then add a bit for the inevitable issues along the way

3. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

As Jake said, domestic house is £40 minimum pretty much, I have done a single side before for £30.

Also commercial I do as Jake does, day rate.

4. SkulBlaker

Up here the prices are hard mate, a local windie that did round the corner from me was £15 total for both sides. Average is around £20 for a front and back. I've no idea what my day rate would be as I've only got 15 houses so not a full day. What would you guys charge?

5. SkulBlaker

This is most of the buildings within the grounds

Attached Files:

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

be wary. i learnt the hard way that some commercial gutters are installed with little or no slope -this means they never drain completely of water

which leads to full gutters cos plants grow well in water and almost impossible to empty 100%

7. SkulBlaker

Yeah, I had a quick walk round and the gutters are full, one is bowing slightly with the weight. Going to drop in again on Friday to speak to the manager.

8. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Day rate in a tough area £100? I charge £150-£200 depending what I am doing, who the client is and how I feel on the day, also if its multiple days I may charge less as well.

9. Green Pro Clean Ltd

If you dont have that much work on yet then then £100 for a day should be a bonus for you but what about in 3 years time when you are fully booked up and they want them doing again, how will they react when you decide it's closer to £500?

Personally I charge a very hefty fee for care homes, both my mother and wife worked in the care industry for a long time, the owners treat the residents and staff like ****, pay barely above minimum wage yet receive a minimum of around £2000 per resident per week that they have there.

Trust me, they can afford to pay you £1 per meter even if it ends up at 1000 meters.

10. SkulBlaker

That's what I was thinking mate, I used to work in a care home too and the prices they were charging were ridiculous for the residents. If they want a quote I've decided after advice and a lot of thought to price it as I would a domestic property, explain this to them and then tell them I'll do it at half the price if they book there and then. Like I said they are in serious need of being cleared and no one is knocking on the door to carry out the work.

Thanks for the advice, it has given me help.

Advertisement