Commercial or residential ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by David K, May 17, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. David K

David K Forum Addict

Hello fellow waterboys ! ;)
    Been wondering what you guys prefer , comm or residential . Not by how much you Got, but simply what you Like best !?
    Personally i Like my commercialjobs best ..:D

Advertisement
  2. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

Domestics as payments are mostly easier to get in a timely manner.

My experience on commercial is they pay well to begin with but once there windows are great they slow down and chasing becomes a daily chore, I have given the chop to 2 good sized commercials recently due to a constant battle to get whats owed to me. I'd rather concentrate my time on domestic and one off jobs where payments are handed to me at the end of a job.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. David K

David K Forum Addict

Im not so keen on One-offs , unless its a ......job , then im glad .
    Did one at a farm a Month ago , true nightmare. SO glad I'm not coming back . But on the other hand, if there's room in the calendar, why not . We had a slow week at that time. ;)

4. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

One offs as in conny cleans, gutter cleans etc, still happily do one off window cleans but charge high and if I get them great :)

5. Markyboy 50

Commercials for me. Hate houses.

6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I have been revising my work loads lately, have a good healthy mix now. I have enough residential to comfortably cover all my bills and expenses and the rest of my time is for commercials.

I only take on residential work that is happy to go on GoCardless and only take on commercials that agree to a minimum of a 12 month contract. Really helps do away with the wasters.

7. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

that wud be kee
    get enough resdiential to get ur billd paid and expenses and we bit to live onb then chase commercial

8. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

Whichever pays the most!

9. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

Its a close one, but for me, residential. More personal and friendly I.m.o.and payment straight away. I clean a chain of dental surgery's, and the lady who runs and owns them pays me cash and always says she wants me to treat it as a residential arrangement so there's no deferred payments etc. Suits me. No discount on my teeth though :(

10. Cghwindowcleaning

Cghwindowcleaning Well-Known Member

Commercial for me.
    I would much rather be on one large commercial job and collect one payment than a dozen smaller residential jobs.

Advertisement