Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wcw Black Friday deals - Power up Hd

WCF

Help Support WCF:

RapidRyan

Hi everyone. Looking to grab myself a power up hd reel with the 24% off wcw are offering on Black Friday. However it says on the website these reels are only compatible with 6mm hose? My preference is 8mm hose.

Does any one know why this is?

Or has anyone used these reels with 8mm hose.

Thanks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi everyone. Looking to grab myself a power up hd reel with the 24% off wcw are offering on Black Friday. However it says on the website these reels are only compatible with 6mm hose? My preference is 8mm hose.
Does any one know why this is?

Or has anyone used these reels with 8mm hose.

Thanks

Because the drum won't hold 100m of 8mm hose. If memory serves me someone said it will comfortably hold 80m of 8mm hose. It will hold 100m of 6mm hose.

100m of hose seems to be the standard window cleaners preference as it is mine. If you ask me why, its probably the most convenient and will get you around virtually every job you have - it does for us anyway. But I only ever use the 100m once a month on one job. If I didn't have that length available I would do the job differently. Rather than drag the house all the way around the building I would clean one side and then the other.

In the days before minibore and microbore hoses we used 2 hose reels with 1/2" hose joined together if we needed 60 meters and we where quite happy with the length then. /emoticons/wink.png But 2 hose reels took up more space in the van.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because the drum won't hold 100m of 8mm hose. If memory serves me someone said it will comfortably hold 80m of 8mm hose. It will hold 100m of 6mm hose.
100m of hose seems to be the standard window cleaners preference as it is mine. If you ask me why, its probably the most convenient and will get you around virtually every job you have - it does for us anyway. But I only ever use the 100m once a month on one job. If I didn't have that length available I would do the job differently. Rather than drag the house all the way around the building I would clean one side and then the other.

In the days before minibore and microbore hoses we used 2 hose reels with 1/2" hose joined together if we needed 60 meters and we where quite happy with the length then. /emoticons/wink.png But 2 hose reels took up more space in the van.

Ok I can make do with 80 metres. Very rarely do I use all 100 meters. Thanks for the advice. I'll be buying one now [emoji4]

Back