Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Im New

Chris Stocken

Name :chris

Cleaning Method :

Years cleaning :0

Area :essex

About me :i would like to start my own company up iv never done it before but surely not hard to pick up,also is it worth the while with money ect,

as dont wanna end up giving up the my company when i start it if the money poor, also how much do ppl charge per job or per window pls so i have a rough idea

Hia mate, many answers to those questions so probably best read the forum and ask some more.

As for easy, no not if you want to succeed.

"i would like to start my own company up iv never done it before but surely not hard to pick up,also is it worth the while with money ect,

as dont wanna end up giving up the my company when i start it if the money poor, also how much do ppl charge per job or per window pls so i have a rough idea."

This is the worst job in world in the winter months with snow, rain, ice gale force winds, however in the summer it is absolutly brilliant, working outside every day meeting new people and earning good money.

At the start dont over charge, build up a good reputation and more customers will come to you, the money is good when you are established as long as you do a good job.

it depends on your area how much you charge a window, i go for roughly £1.00 but for some jobs that can feel like to much and others not enough, it really depends on the condition!

I agree with doger above, if you want to SUCCEED in your window cleaning business it aint gonna be a walk in the park, however once you have established it will become easier.

Hi welcome to the forum.

the results are worth it and could take a couple of years before your business is in the right place its not as easy as what people think, ive seen too many people start up thinking that its an easy job and the work will just come to them. Its a huge learning curve, and going into it thinking its easy and shouldnt be that difficult is youre first mistake, You need to do as much research as possible e.g local prices, best methods of gaining work & how much you need to earn and how quickly you need to be earning. ( I didnt take a penny out of my business for the first 6 months i put everything back into equipment and advertising.) I learnt the hard way unfortunately i didnt have this forum when i first started the guys on here are an endless supply of knowledge and between them will have the answer to any questions you have.

One of the guys on here did a write up on what equipment you need to start and also theres one with all the info you need to start your window cleaning business, give them a read then start firing away with the questions the more you know before you start knocking doors the better prepared you will be and will be in with a better chance to succeed.

Good luck

thank you for the help i will read more into all of this before i start, also you said about knockin doors,i take it thats the best thing to do,then put flyers through the doors and advertise on facebook ect lol

yeah knocking is the best way, facebook will get you customers but it will be scattered work but it can help you find areas that havent got window cleaners, leaflets are ok but you get a low response rate about 1-2% i only use leaflets for gutter work now, e.g i leafleted a couple of streets that i knew another window cleaner had dropped and i didnt get one call after a few weeks i went back and knocked it and picked up 9 customers i made a note of the ones that werent in then went back a week later and got another 4.

sometimes you will spend 3-4 hours knocking and get 10-15 jobs other times you will get 1 or even none its a numbers game dont get disheartened just keep trying

welcome , you have to take the rough with the smooth and but as said earlier it isn't easy but take your time get it right get knocking doors let people know your job and you do a good job rome wasn't built in a day

Back