Complaining residents when wfp cleaning upper flat windows

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by chris70, Oct 9, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. chris70

chris70 Member

when i wfp clean higher windows in flats some lower floor residents are on my back moaning about water dripping on to there windows how do i deal with this am i allowed to clean them or not do i have to get permission from council etc im obviously not going to clean the lower residents windows for nothing like some of them suggest any help please :mad:

Advertisement
  2. johnny bravo

offet to clean the lower ones at a discount from the top ones, otherwise you will end up stopping the top ones because of the agro all the time you pull up to start.
    if they dont want them cleaning its upto you to decide if you can get away with it. whats it got to do with the council

3. meridion

meridion Well-Known Member

I've got this situation mate. Offer a discount (not really a discount ;).) or say: unfortunately this is how it is with them having someone live above them. If they have any work carried out on their flat, if things fall below, it's just the nature of the situation.

Unfortunately they've got no legal recourse for water getting on their windows. I know what you mean, it feels a bit iffy, but it isn't.

Just life.

4. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

Had this recently. I'd made an arrangement with the ground floor resident 18 months ago when she first took over the flat from a previous customer who had died. She didn't want them cleaned as they were going to do them themselves so we arranged for me to drop a card in when I did the neighbors so they would know when I'd been and when I was next due. This was fine for the first 18 months, then they suddenly decided it wasn't. I started to clean the upstairs ones a couple of months ago when she came out and went absolutely crazy, She completely lost the plot, swearing, making wild accusations and shouting insults. No matter what I said I couldn't get through to her at all. I had to hand the customer over to a pal of mine who still does a bit of ladder work. It just wasn't worth the aggravation.

5. chris70

chris70 Member

Yeah i lost it with this person and it all got out of hand im going to avoid flats in future to much agg shame because the 2 upper floor customers just want nice clean windows and these bottom ones were filthy and had the cheek to moan about a bit of pure water just after free cleans i reakon

6. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

Had another one last year who I asked to clear it with his downstairs neighbors before I started. He reckoned he had when I started but it turned out he hadn't and I was the one who had to deal with the angry neighbor, not him.
    I avoid flats now if I can. Often more trouble than they are worth.

7. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

I've had 1. I just said that the upstairs dusty was paying for the service, and asked how they stop the rain getting in the windows. When they said they dont then I said its the same as rainwater and walked off. They didn't complain after I pointed out the flaw in they're logic they shut up

8. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

I just wouldnt do them, how much can you charge for a flat ?

seems like a ball ache unless you have a fair few in the same block

9. meridion

meridion Well-Known Member

Easy £10-£12, get a couple together and you can get some freaky £ per hour!

10. Kennygggkent

Kennygggkent Transparent Window Cleaning

There must be something about gound floor flat people! I wrote the below post about a bad experience with a ground floor resident about a year ago, just totally crazy some of them. I avoid that situation like the plague now if I can
    Mad angry customer!

Advertisement