Complaints for cleaning in the rain

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by colinvansmith, Jul 6, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Hi guys,

Do you guys get complaints from customers for cleaning in the rain, i used to get complaints from customers whilst using trad method all the time. I used to tell them well if i clean them on a sunny day then it rains later that day are they dirty the next day the answer usually is no. Then im like well whats the issue. i think some people just like to see clean dry windows.

I thought when i moved onto wfp that as the windows are left wet anyway that customers would be fine with cleaning in the rain but i still get the same complaints.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

col :)

Advertisement
  2. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Took a while till they stopped complaining - now I tell them that it's ok to clean in the rain, but sometimes I don't like getting wet. If however when the windows have dried off they are not completely satisfied give me a call and I will sort it out - still had no calls, though I still get a few "not today it's raining" - which i then say no problem, and tell them that I will give them a call next month - which sometimes shocks them that I won't come back specially for them. My reckoning is that I am bus every day - even 60% yesses is better than none done

3. kars

kars Guest

very few complaints or refusals. what i tell them is once the blade has passed over the glass the window is clean. whether it rains on it straight away or later on makes no difference to what we do. i do make it clear that we work in the rain when possible and that we do not come back till we are next due to do their windows.
    I think what some people believe is that rain itself is not clean as it picks up dirt from the atmosphere etc so in theory they dont feel like they have clean windows. Its a bit like saying " you cleaned my windows today but a dirty great big bird just s**t on it so you will have to come back and do it again"!!! :-/

4. I just say that if I don't come out I don't get paid I have rent to pay and provide for my son. Or if a customer say's don't clean them today I won't clean again carnt

5. nearlyclean

Supplier

Never get complaints about cleaning in the rain just plenty of hot drinks even had one customer lend me a rain coat when I forgot mine :(

6. wmwcs

wmwcs Guest

We have a section on our website about cleaning in the rain.

I think the issue is mainly historical from the days of heavy industry and coal fires.

I used to live in a steel making town and when it rained no end of muck came down out of the sky.
    Rain washed the air clean and dumped it on the windows.
    Now the air is much cleaner there is no logic to not cleaning in the rain.
    It is mainly the physical action of the blade, squeegee or pole brush that does the cleaning.

As I put on our website.

7. topcats

topcats Guest

[hr]
    some of my customers complain 'it rained after you cleaned them last time' like I control the weather or something but what did it for me was when i travel 15 - 20 miles to a set of jobs and three or four old biddies come out and say 'not today love it's raining', then I have wasted my time and petrol going there in the first place, so I don't tend to do them jobs on rainy days. where I can I try to save guttering jobs for the rain and or commercial properties. most customers are at work anyway so it doesn't really matter whether it's raining or not. if you use pure water apparantly it strives to return to it's former self so therefore stays cleaner longer raining or not.

8. wmwcs

wmwcs Guest

This is it. In reality it doesn't really matter whether it is raining or not. In this country it is going to rain at some point between what are usually monthly cleans.
    I notice you imply the customers were in the older generation who have lived through the smogs and sooty times. The Black Country was called Black due to the coal soot and grime on everything.

I think it is a misconception that is best rectified otherwise if you get a long spell of rain you can end up skint.

There is other work yes - conservatory and pvcu cleans - better in the rain if anything. Gutters are another one as well as anything commercial. But the bread and butter work will be domestic cleans for most people, so you've just go to get on with it - raining or not.

9. nearlyclean

Supplier

Worked in the rain Yesterday,Ironic that every time I got in to the car to drive to next job it stopped raining and as soon as I was set up cleaning it chuck it down,I keep a spare towel and T-shirt because there is nothing worse than being wet and stop raining

10. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Wear shorts in the summer - legs dry quicker!

Advertisement