Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I'm Fed Up Waiting For The Phone To Ring. I Want New Work Tomorrow

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Whizz Bizz I had tried calling you a while back but didn't get a reply.

Oh sorry Jamie was that about 5-6 weeks back had a phone issue, Private message me your number Ill give you a ring

i have to agree with a lot of the lads here get out and canvas yourself i know a lot of us hate it but with a bit of disipline and experience you will build your round fast

I totally agree. If someone asked me how to build a round I'd tell them to canvass. I just can't seem to motivate myself to do it. If I had work to do I'd be up and out but canvassing, I just can't seem to do it.

I think about asking on here for advice but people will just say I get off my @r5e and do it. Were any of you guys like that? How did you get yourself out canvassing?

I totally agree. If someone asked me how to build a round I'd tell them to canvass. I just can't seem to motivate myself to do it. If I had work to do I'd be up and out but canvassing, I just can't seem to do it.
I think about asking on here for advice but people will just say I get off my @r5e and do it. Were any of you guys like that? How did you get yourself out canvassing?
Don't think your alone. I hate canvassing with a passion. I'm **** at it and don't enjoy it which is half the problem. My missis was a national and sales manager for a medium size company and is hot on sales. Her boss could sell anything to anyone and passed on a lot of his techniques. The biggest thing she learnt was the right mindset. If your not 110% positive it will show, also get out there with someone else. We go canvassing together (not often). You cover more ground and can bounce off each other. Another way round it is save some money (hard I know when setting up) and use this towards a good can canvasser. This is what I've done, I'm happy to work for nothing for a couple months to get the money back. It's still a good investment and return! As long as you keep the customer ! !

Are you happy with the income your on now? What motivated me was I wasn't earning enough. So just said to myself eff it, if I don't go someone else will.. Haven't been doing much knocking the past month or 2... But I'm planning on canvassing all my big rounds so I can dump all the loner krap...

I also get a good laugh of knocking doors, meet some headers, some stuck up miserable gits. And alot praise me for getting of my jacksy and wanting the work..

To be honest I'm not too fussed on income as my wife is paying the bills at the moment. She is giving me a break to do what I have nagged her for years about doing. I've told her it will take about a year before I will be earning what I would earn in full time employment and then another year we will be a lot more financially stable and my wife is happy to do this. I think it's because for the last 10 years I have droned on about how unhappy I was in the job but wanted to do it for her and the kids, now my wife has a full time job she has told me to go for it.

The thing that is bugging me is looking at george and thinking another empty day, one job on there, yeah half a day, one job. I have been trading about 2 months and I have 49 jobs and my monthly income is about £620. In that work is around 10 £5 shop on a small parade so it kind of gives a false impression of where I am. If I just listed my domestic I think the average job price would go right up. Most of these jobs have come by way of leaflets too. I just want the work to start coming in because I feel I'm not progressing as fast as I'd like to. When I have canvassed within a couple of cleans these customers have started messing me about but the leafleted ones seem to be a lot more interested in my service.

I read in a book once that we all over estimate what we can do in the short term and under estimate what we can do in the long term and I think this is my problem.

Well 2 months with 49 customers with £620 income is a pretty good start mate! It is very hard for getting new work that is compact these days as there is just so many people wanting to be window cleaners! But just stick at it and you will reach your goals. Try get a friend to go canvassing with you if it feels easier for you. Target new developments, try and get in there first. It always takes a few month to realise how your customers treat you, if they mess around just stroke them out and go find some one to replace them.. Like yesterday I washes doing a big triple house 2nd clean, and guy came out said I only wanted done once.. But I told you monthly, well just don't do them again... I was like you little *****! But as I was walking away a fella called me over and I picked up a very large window and gutter cleaning job.. Being self employed window cleaner has it's up and downs < lol a customers told me that joke on Monday!!!! But really it's not worth all the stress as you are doing fine, but I think that the best way forward is to just pick up the courage for an hour and go knocking.. You will never see these people again unless they want to use you!!

even 30 customers in 2 months is good nevermind 49 ! /emoticons/smile.png head up mate after 6 months u will reap the rewards

i have 99 customers and thats brining in £675.00 ! so 49 customers for £620.00 is amazing !

would you try setting a weekly target say 10 new customers every week surely this is achievable maybe an hours canvassing each day will produce this . when i started i got fed up waiting on the fone so i started going out knocking each day and would do the job there and then this worked great .

Yeah thats how it should be /emoticons/smile.png aslong as your customer client base is going up and up you should be happy /emoticons/smile.png

When you have your lunch brake you could try parking on a busy high street or any street you don't clean on the chance someone will see your van, I've had a few people seen me on the high street and gained work from it. This week alone I picked up 4 on Monday and 3 today just from people seeing the van while I've been working /emoticons/smile.png

When you have your lunch brake you could try parking on a busy high street or any street you don't clean on the chance someone will see your van, I've had a few people seen me on the high street and gained work from it. This week alone I picked up 4 on Monday and 3 today just from people seeing the van while I've been working /emoticons/smile.png
Very good idea... at lunch time park up on a very busy road... theirs that many people who will pop out of work to grab a sandwich or something and they will see your van /emoticons/smile.png

Cant beat this mate especially if your van stands out.... Ive always planned to do this but never had time

Lol /emoticons/tongue.png

£1000 up front. Phew! What about cancelations? Do you replace them? If a lot of it is bi- monthly you don't get a return on your money until the 3rd clean which could be 6 months.

To be honest I'd rather put £1000 in my wifes savings account and say to her, we can spend that when I have canvassed £500 a month in new work.

I'm ordering 20,000 leaflets next week. I'm going to deliver them over the next month and then I think I'll start canvassing. Because I'm covering such a wide area I'm finding it hard to decide where I want to canvass. I'd rather have a couple of jobs in an area and start building up on them. I know it probably sounds daft but if I give myself something to work with it will make it easier to start canvassing. I picked an area I really wanted work and then canvassed it and picked up £66 a month in new work in an hour. I've got a new estate in my head that I'm going to canvass next week because I got a really good response to the leaflets I dropped. So I might aim for £100 in new work on there and if I get it hopefully it will spur me on.

I got a company to deliver 2000 leaflets for me the other week and I got 2 jobs from it. I'm hoping it was a dud area bud I'm reckoning them leaflets never made it through peoples doors.

Thats why i will never give leaflets to someone else to hand out... because in the back of my head i will be thinking adoubt they got delivered.... wer if u do it yaself... atleast u know its been posted ! /emoticons/smile.png

Latest Posts

Back