Connecting Up A Di Vessel

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by laddergarder, Aug 17, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. laddergarder

Can anyone give me some advice on what connections are needed to setup a DI vessel. I want setup a DI to produce pure water at home for use with a trolley, but not sure what connectors are needed. Also the diameter of hose needed etc.

I am looking at this DI http://www.fullcleancentre.com/25-litre-di-vessel/

Advertisement
  2. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Long time no see ladder!!

Well standard garden hose will do, the di should come with the male hozelock fittings.. So you will need 3 female connectors like these- http://www.diy.com/search/hose%20pipe%20connector/Hose-End-Connector-11327529 good for a quid each as hozelock are about 4.50 each!!

I have a hose approx 2m long with the female on each end, that's connected to my garden tap, then to the "in" on the di vessel.. Then I have another hoze with the 3rdfemale connected and on the "out" on the di.. Then nothing on the onther end, which goes to the tank in van, think its about 30m.. As your only filling barrels you will prob only need around 2-3 metes of hoze..

Welcome to the world of wfp!!

3. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Also have you tested your water ppm? 25 di is rather big, my ppm is usually in the 040s and I use an 11lt, it lasts around6-8 weeks

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

5. laddergarder

thanks Belfast that helps. I didn't know how big a vessel I would need, so I will get an 11 liter instead. I have been pretty busy. Moved house to a two bed, sold our flat, and have a baby girl coming in a few weeks. When I was in the flat, it really wasn't practical to look at WFP, but now I have access to an outside tap, and am on the ground floor, there really isn't any reason not to get a trolley.

6. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

7. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

I had to look at the date to see if it was todays! Haha welcome back Ladder!

Advertisement