Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Connection

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jango

this the best way to attach the hose to the reel. I have over the last two weeks had to keep using a new double eared o clip, I can only think it’s been the hot weather that has kept blowing the hose off. I’ve tried lowering the flow etc. It’s driving me nuts I’ve had about 6 leaks over the last two hot weeks. I appreciate your answers.
Many thanks

Attachments

• E14E9965-9CF5-4C95-9716-7F947B95920E.jpeg
    E14E9965-9CF5-4C95-9716-7F947B95920E.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 26
Yes it’s the connection of the o clip. My water stopped, went back to my van and the water fortunately was running into my bucket. The hose was completely off the reel. I did have a pin hole in the hose, so cut that off and fixed the hose back on.

I’ve put all new o clip on today, cut a bit of the pipe off and today it’s been fine. No leaking. Just thought you chaps might have a better idea than an o clip.
Many thanks

It’s a streamline. Not sure as a friend kitted out my van. A friend dismantled it and fixed it into my van and added a motor to it, hence a diy electric reel.

I found the issue with double eared o clips is getting the pliers in to squeeze them. I double clip them, squeeze the ears of one side completely, turn the hose through180 degrees (with force) and then squeeze the remaining ears together. I do put the hose in hot water first.

BTW @Jango I like the way you have screwed the side petals into the joiner. I wish I had thought of that. I took my hose reel apart to run 2 threaded rods to keep the 2 halves together. I did it with all three of our petal reels.

While there is a discussion on double eared o clips, looking at the image in the first post the clip appears to be almost butting up against the fitting. I have always slid the o clip down away from the fitting by a couple of mm. So when it's clamped there is a little hose sticking out between the o clip and the fitting.
Is there a best way to fit o clips? Should it be right on the end of the hose or a little back (as long as fitting barb has enough space)?

BTW @Jango I like the way you have screwed the side petals into the joiner. I wish I had thought of that. I took my hose reel apart to run 2 threaded rods to keep the 2 halves together. I did it with all three of our petal reels.
It looks a great solution to the sides being forced apart. It wouldn't take much for the manufacturers to add the holes and a few stainless self tappers to the reels.

I noticed the screws so I presume they have headed my recommendation and informed their customers which is good.

The issue could be with the hose going very soft in the heat. That is the issue I think.

What Ched says is a good suggestion. Allowing a little bit of the hose to go past the 'o' clip will create a wedge effect, basically the hose underneath the 'o' clip will be thinner as its compressed, either side of the 'o' clip it will be thicker due to it not being compressed, that means that it will be a lot harder to pull it through the 'o' clip.

I found the issue with double eared o clips is getting the pliers in to squeeze them. I double clip them, squeeze the ears of one side completely, turn the hose through180 degrees (with force) and then squeeze the remaining ears together. I do put the hose in hot water first.
You do mean pincers don't you? Just double checking because to properly clamp them pincers are a must, pliers won't do the job properly due to how the pressure is applied.

Back