Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conny Cleaning with my Pressure Washer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

scottish cleaning service

Did a conservatory clean today which hadn't been cleaned in a decade or two. Built 6 foot scaffold and used my lance with a 90 degree bend on it with my Falch nozzle. The roof was covered in alga and so was the white beams. Think it took me less than 30mins to clean the whole roof and beams and only moved the scaffold once. In future this is how I will be cleaning conny roofs and sides then finishing off with my wfp. I couldn't believe the result and how quick I did it.

How long did it take to assemble and then dismantle the scaffold
Its only 2 frames, 4 poles and a platform so not very long. Used the frames with square plate feet but usually use the ones with wheels attached but they were on my 5 feet frames. Probably less than 10mins but I can use a frame as a ladder to clean the porch because its the new clima frame.

Did a conservatory clean today which hadn't been cleaned in a decade or two. Built 6 foot scaffold and used my lance with a 90 degree bend on it with my Falch nozzle. The roof was covered in alga and so was the white beams. Think it took me less than 30mins to clean the whole roof and beams and only moved the scaffold once. In future this is how I will be cleaning conny roofs and sides then finishing off with my wfp. I couldn't believe the result and how quick I did it.
What pressure washer did you use? I'm looking into doing them this way myself.

Before becoming a window cleaner I was an installer if windows and conservatories, a job I did with my brother for nine years for company’s including Excel, Caridon Everest and Sutton windows.
We were told to always tell customers to never use high pressure water on conservatory roofs.
The white bars that separate the roof sections have Black rubber gaskets that run down against the glass/polycarbonate sections. If this is moved by the water pressure, rain or the water that’s being used can enter inside.
Last year a customer of mine let her son do her roof this way. She had to replace her laminated flooring.
As an experienced fitter, I would strongly advise anyone thinking of using a pressure washer on a conny roof not too

What pressure washer did you use? I'm looking into doing them this way myself.
I have a big 250 bar one but anyone could do it. You need a small scaffold and preferably a lance with a 90 degree bend on it. All you do is set the scaffold at one end and stand on top and wave the lance across it. Then move scaffold to opposite end and do the same. Finish it off with wfp, job done.

Before becoming a window cleaner I was an installer if windows and conservatories, a job I did with my brother for nine years for company’s including Excel, Caridon Everest and Sutton windows.
We were told to always tell customers to never use high pressure water on conservatory roofs.
The white bars that separate the roof sections have Black rubber gaskets that run down against the glass/polycarbonate sections. If this is moved by the water pressure, rain or the water that’s being used can enter inside.
Last year a customer of mine let her son do her roof this way. She had to replace her laminated flooring.
As an experienced fitter, I would strongly advise anyone thinking of using a pressure washer on a conny roof not too
Thanks for the advice Steve, it's much appreciated. I'm looking into it but I'll not be looking at blasting the crevices / edges of the panels. Obviously it's risky but I'm more thinking of carefully doing them, more to remove all the algae and cobwebs that are often difficult to get behind downpipes and behind the guttering. Certainly won't be blasting the dirt out from the panel edges, it's more for things like the... forget what they're called now, is it finials on the top of them?

Just looking at ways to make it easier and more enjoyable, quicker and possibly cheaper / more regular cleans. Think I'll look at getting some portable scaffolding as well.

We clean/Valet conservatories every day and would only use low pressure water fed poll or a hose pipes as hi pressure as mentioned above can sometimes cost you more in repairs that you may invoice on the clean.
We also carryout repairs on conservatories with our other company and we get lots of calls in the spring from people that have tried to clean their conservatories with high pressure cleaners asking for repairs. The UV bakes the crown, crest etc and makes them weak and easy to break. Polycarbonate roof sheets can fill up with water and of course if any water goes inside the conservatory you could get the blame for damaged furniture and flooring or any future leaks.

Back