Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resin 11Litre How long will this last roughly so i can prepare

R

Ross Dawson

Hi I have a 350 litre tank and run a sureflo pump into an eleven litre DI vessel. Im pretty new to this and im wondering how long can i expect to get out of the resin before its exhausted? and any general help for a newbee.. I have a 17ft gxtel pole and i need a larger pole im thinking 24ft any reccomandations... the budget is pretty low... cheers...

Nobody can help you until you provide some more info with regard to your system.

Do you use an r/o?

What is your tap tds?

What is the tds after r/o?

How many litres of water do you use per day?

How to you fill your 350 liter tank?

With regards to your pole, my advice is to forget the budget. Go for a Gardiner SLX 25 and you will be able to do a couple of extra houses a day that will pay for your pole in no time. I appreciate this will be difficult. The Gardiner CLX27 is cheaper but not an ideal pole to use at full length. The CLX22 is fine for me as an everyday pole but I also have an SLX40 to get to those higher windows. Probably get used 6 times a month.

My son uses an SLX25 and it gets to 99.9% of his work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

So no i dont use r/o i just have a sure flo filter and pump and then 11Litre di vessel. the water i fill in has 46ppm and so far i produce 000ppm pure water it works great. some days i use 60 litres other days 200 litres and some days nothing.

Thanks for the advice on the pole will defo take that on board. Sorry for basic answers im quite new to this and just signed up to this forum today... its great,.... thanks again.

You live in the north west with that tds water out of the tap?

I used to get about 4-6 weeks out of 9 ltr di only by then it was creeping close to 010

Double di double that nearly and with the same tap tds as you

Warning!!!!

Keep checking your tap water as it moves quite a bit, in summer they were blending water so it went as high as 096 and caught me out

I use twin 11 ltr DI with an input TDS of around 35-40. I don't do an awful lot of work yet but I reckon I've used around 10,000 ltrs of water and my first bag is still going strong. Before I fill up I give the first vessel a good shake to make sure all the resin is being used evenly. I haven't had to yet, but I believe that once the TDS starts to creep up I can then use the 2nd vessel as my first vessel and just refill the other one.

Back