conservatory cleaning trad way!

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by dave_m141, Apr 11, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. dave_m141

dave_m141 Member

Hello . First post but have been reading for a while now!
    Just starting out, one of the first jobs I have been offered by a neighbour includes a conversatory, how would I go about cleaning all the roof and stuff? This is most likely a first clean so will be a bit grubby to say the least.. I have only ever seen videos of wfp systems cleaning them so bit baffled about it..I only have trad equipment including poles n stuff ..

Cheers :)

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

start at the top and work down . get the roof wet first with a garden hose . its not too bad a job long as its not a red hot day when itll dry to fast on you

4. dave_m141

dave_m141 Member

Oh yeah I read that after I wrote this...

It will take a good part of the day I'm guessing? May just palm it off to someone with a wfp system in the area but take a small percentage of it!

5. norm

norm Grand Master

hey dave_m141 just got a ankalad type device to allow free standing ladder, got unger trad pole,porcupine scrubber and brush head to fit
    going to scrub the ars- off the conny roof on free standing ladder and blade the straight panes and wagtail [ as Smurf suggested ] triangle panes
    hoping this will do a good job and i wont:gush: after

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Yep that should do it norm and like boarcity said also using a garden hose to speed thing up. Best make sure however you don't go getting water under the ridge (brush bits) also at the back of the conservatory roof wall plate where it meets the wall as they sometimes can leak. I would make a point in asking if they have had any leaks already from the roof.

7. dave_m141

dave_m141 Member

Ok cheers fir the help guys... Will give it a whirl .. gonna be a bit of fun havnt even cleaned many Windows yet haha good challenge ahead!

8. cheapncheerful

hi and welcome dave_m141 start at the top and work down . get the roof wet first with a garden hose . its not too bad a job long as its not a red hot day when itll dry to fast on you thanks
    boarcity couldnt say it any better...the hot day thing especially...:)

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

We have all been there and yes I was once a virgin too :D
    All my first jobs I winged it to be honest but still used a logical approach to work out the best way how to do things all on my own.
    I soon found out no job is ever the same and the ones you think are going to be easy usally end up to be a right pain in the ****...

10. norm

norm Grand Master

hey cheapncheerful , respect ,ya words are massive

Advertisement