Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Low cost pump for 100m reel

BigFoot

Looking for a low cost pump that can handle working standard terrace house through a 100m reel for a project I'm working on. I know a few of you have made low cost setups and have had good results , not had much luck using the search bar. 

Last edited by a moderator:
What hose size? Problem is you need a certain sized pump to do 100m of hose with decent pressure, and those kinds of pumps in decent quality cost £60-£120 as far as I've researched.

You might be able to use two cheap £10 pumps off eBay and hook them up in series?

The pressure is key. So finding the right combination of lpm and psi can be a bit tricky with cheap pumps.

A 4lpm 100psi pump may well push more water through 100mtrs of 5.5mm ID hose than say would a 5lpm 70psi pump.

The cheap 5lpm pumps tend to be set at 115psi which would likely push sufficient water through 100mtrs of hose but may cause you problems if you use a Univalve as a tap. When I tried it the Univalve would turn off but wouldn't open under 115psi of pressure. Under those circumstances you would have to consider using a tap.

You may laugh but we use the bottom of gardiner back packs.

Rip the tank off the box and you've got a pump, battery and controller in one. Comes with a charger too!

Been running like this for three years and no problem yet. Flat out all day on the panels too.

The pressure is key. So finding the right combination of lpm and psi can be a bit tricky with cheap pumps.

A 4lpm 100psi pump may well push more water through 100mtrs of 5.5mm ID hose than say would a 5lpm 70psi pump.

The cheap 5lpm pumps tend to be set at 115psi which would likely push sufficient water through 100mtrs of hose but may cause you problems if you use a Univalve as a tap. When I tried it the Univalve would turn off but wouldn't open under 115psi of pressure. Under those circumstances you would have to consider using a tap.
I intend to use a univalve and hadn’t considered the compatibility with higher pressure, just as well I found this 100 psi one as I would have been frustrated with incompatibility!

You may laugh but we use the bottom of gardiner back packs.

Rip the tank off the box and you've got a pump, battery and controller in one. Comes with a charger too!

Been running like this for three years and no problem yet. Flat out all day on the panels too.
Love a creative setup, I purchased a secondhand all in one and now it’s very adapted to how I work.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock