Conservatory Roof And Guttering - - Ubik Or Ecover & What Brushes?

Discussion in 'Conservatory Cleaning' started by vinny8467, Sep 11, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. vinny8467

vinny8467 Member

Hi Guys

Which product is the best / most effective for cleaning conservatory roofs and guttering, Ubik 2000 or Ecover?

Also, what are the best brushes to use for these tasks with a Gardiner SLX pole?

Vinny

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Do you mean ecover truck wash or ecover washing up liquid?

3. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

He probably means ubik or virosol .

But when I clean connies I use ubik and a dash of ecover to produce a lather works wonders .

4. jimbob

jimbob Well-Known Member

tfr works well aswell you can get 25ltr drums for around £20 from most discount motor stores

5. vinny8467

vinny8467 Member

I meant UBIK and Ecover Washing up Liquid ....

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Most conservatory manufactures/installers would say just to clean them down regularly with warm soapy water. Is a pity that the ones I do are hardly ever maintained so get into a filthy state.

7. vinny8467

vinny8467 Member

Have recently started Smurf and everything I touch is filthy!!

Have you any tips on cleaning your brush heads?

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I generally would use an old gardiner brush or one of my old vikan brushes plus other products/methods too

I tend to find easier/quicker to work from the ground using a wfp when can do so depending on design and access. But on really filthy frames & panels I find up close and personal either by hand or wfp is best so to give the frames and panels a really good deep clean. This can be done using a conservatory ladder or my gutter clearing ladder set up (ankalad fitted) used as a free standing ladder. If you don't have either best use a ladder with a stand-off but will need plenty of height to be able to see what you are doing. On paths down the sides were it is difficult to set a ladder properly I use my 12 rung combi triple set of ladders I use for gutter clearing as a large set of steps. Conservatories built next to a ground floor flat roof as long as the flat roof is safe enough to walk on I would work from that too. Conservatories built right up close to next door fence I find it best to arrange access with next door as makes it much easier to clean if access is not an issue. Conservatories built next to each other the only way is to do the roof from the front which is a rear pane in **** to do.

Each job you come across will be different so have a good think how you would go about cleaning it bearing in mind your own safety too.

Hope this help?

9. vinny8467

vinny8467 Member

Smurf, can the Ankalad be used with a combination ladder?

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Yep as my 12 rung triple happens to be a combi ladder

Can be set up like so if you want to use it as step ladder with the ankalad deployed :Image9:
    View attachment 3721

Simply fit the ankalad to the bottom section as you would normally do then when wanting to use the combi ladder as a step ladder the ankalad can be swivelled around as in pic. Meaning you don't need to take it off to make it work that way around.

Hope this helps?

Advertisement