Conservatory roof nightmare!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Poles Apart, Jun 5, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Poles Apart

Priced one up last month at £80 did it yesterday I've done about 30 of these but never before had this a job that I estimated would take 2 hours max took 4 and a half. It was covered with hundreds of pieces of pigeon ****, my window round is filling up quick so these will now be done on an estimate basis only. this was the hardest job I've ever done I was so exhausted after I felt sick I had too scrub and scrub standing on a ladder. I loosened it all off but had to leave the bits on because it was one of those that you can only rinse up on not down told the customer that the rain would rinse it better they were happy and apologised for the state of it, just one observation though I have doubts that these cleaners like virosol do anything at all.

Advertisement
  2. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

3. Poles Apart

4. Poles Apart

5. Poles Apart

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#6 boarcity, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2016
    strim.jpg strim2.JPG iv often thought that a motorised rotary brush on a pole [battery powered?] might be a solution to scrubbing a bad roof

7. Poles Apart

You'd have to sand this off. He's had the trees cut back now so the pigeons have gone.

8. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

sounds like one i started doing a few months ago, quoted it a £100, 3 hours into the job when i realised it would take 2 days. This was a flat glass roof mind. That horrible feeling when you realise youve way underestimated the job and just feel like ding a runner lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  9. C Rose Cleaning Services

Feel your pain - had a similar thing a couple of months ago. Didn't know that was pigeon poo though, looked like barnacles from a sodding boat! I had to use a glass scraper on my goose neck.

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Soak with ubik
    Soak again with ubik
    Scrub
    Soak again
    It should come off then as the ubik really does start to break it down
    Very time consuming though

24° here today and done 2 glass roofs including windows and 2 fascia/gutter/windows new customers
    Absolutely knackered now and just finished
    Bring back the rain

Advertisement