Conservatory roof problem

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Beccy, Apr 1, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Beccy

Beccy Active Member

After 2 and a half years on the job, I've just done my first ever conservatory.... They're not a very common sight around here! But the roof didn't come up well at all, basically still looked filthy.

I was just thinking about how after so much scrubbing it still looked like it had never been cleaned in 30 years when the guy came out and explained that he'd had his tiled roof de-mossed last year and the guys that did it put a tarp over the conservatory to keep it clean while they worked, but that it was windy and the tarp blew off and it got "some sort of black chemical" sprayed all over it.

He said he knew it wasn't my fault it hadn't cleaned up well, but did I know any way to fix it for him next time I'm there.

No idea what this black chemical was.

Any ideas? :)

Advertisement
  2. Poles Apart

Don't bother with them they are a nightmare get more window cleaning work

3. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Ask for the lads number perhaps you can find out. If it wont budge with solvent or cream cleaners then it's probably shagged.

4. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Glass or plastic ?

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Sounds like a job for.Loz and his hypo lol

6. Poles Apart

Sounds like bithumen, that'll need scraping off. Conservatory roofs are only beneficial if you are short of work, there is no way you can earn more than cleaning windows and to get them decent is bloody hard work, I did fascias for a window cleaning customer last week for £30 front and back could have earned more cleaning windows, I'd be surprised to here of anyone who can earn more doing these add ons.

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Ask Damo we can earn more on a roof job for an hour than windows
    It's all about pricing

8. Beccy

Beccy Active Member

It's not about needing the work, it's about wanting to help the guy out. His house windows are a nice little job, if I can sort his conservatory roof then that's a nice little touch extra.
    Unfortunately he can't remember what company he used.

Is it worth trying with ubik next time I'm there? How would I do that? Just spray it on my brush and clean as normal?

9. Beccy

Beccy Active Member

Glass

10. Poles Apart

I'm in business to pay the bills and earn a living don't think my customers are to concerned about helping me out.

Advertisement