Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning trad from a car. Unprofessional?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Unprofessional?

• Yes

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 64.0%

• Total voters
iv seen at least 2 micras with ladders on,so dont give up ,roof bars do exist somewhere.
Thanks Boarcity, I have found one pair on ebay, but its one and only review reads "rack has since fallen off my car, damaged my car and broken so I therefore cannot use the rack any more.

would not advise anyone to buy, they are cheap and also unsafe.

these roof racks will fall off after anything over 2-3 hours of driving with them on." I will keep looking but in the meantime I have the girlfreinds 208 which has roof rack for the bikes. Only a matter of time before her shiny new car get a nice new scratch mind.

Look on micksgarage.com

They sell roof bars cheap for any car

I would be surprised if you didn't find some on there

Aah

Thing is they need to be a certain standard to be able to sell them

Whoever wrote the review probably had no idea how to fit them properly

I am not sure about they have to be a certain standard to be able to sell them. But totally agree that it may just be a dodgy review, understandably put off by the fact it only has one review on the whole internet and its terrible.

I've had a few customers here in oz that won't use a particular window cleaner because he has a 'fancy ute' (their words)....plus they said he was shi*. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Thule is top of the range, Money well spent plus the come with a ton of accessories and different bars i love mine

Nice new vans don't bring in new work you still need the work to pay for them.

I have a nice van it's a couple years old,sign written etc and it doesn't make no difference on domestic or bring in work most say things like "you must be doing alright" or assume I'm expensive[which I am]

I have a nice van because I wanted to look smart and do a lot of commercial so turning up in a car dosen't look good or is practical.

Where I'm from in I know a couple of shiners who have separate car for business and pleasure.

Some of the cars are better than the vans round here.

I do think a van looks better and its defiantly easier to work from a van than a car but can you earn living on domestic doing trad from a car? YES

Felt like a pretend window cleaner when using a car lol but probably didn't come across that bad when look back

First car i worked out of was a battered 206. Since then ive used a mazda 323, and only recentlu using an 11 plate 308, i am upgrading to a small van soon, mainly because im fed up with humping stuff in and out before and after work
before changing to your van remember you can always take your gear out back seat,and your already for a quick one

with the wife or boyfriend what ever you fancy

no the same in the van with half a RO stuck up your arxse:rofl:

car is good and so is van but good work and attitude maybe even better :thumbsup:

Had cars and Vans . for domestic's it don't make any difference as long as you do a good job customers happy therefore will recommend you . Van easier to work from apart from parking . At the moment using a 2004 Mitsubishi Outlander loads of comfort back up is a Land Rover Discovery might get used this week if garage has not got battery for outlander

before changing to your van remember you can always take your gear out back seat,and your already for a quick onewith the wife or boyfriend what ever you fancy

no the same in the van with half a RO stuck up your arxse:rofl:
Hey I had lots of fun in my old van /emoticons/wink.png Better than a car for that!

S

I'm going to get shot down here but window cleaning out of a car seems small time to me. Yes, I did it out of a car and felt inferior when I turned up at posh houses in my banger. It felt like I should tug my forelock sometimes. I can't stand seeing a car load of tradders chaved up in trackie bottoms. IMO if you're driving a decent van you can ask for top dollar for jobs, car full of chavs? Definitely not!
Look at it this way, you want some plumbing or electrical work doing and ask for quotes. Will you choose the one who turns up in a car or the one who turns up in a van? Which one would you think is more professional? The one in the van? Would the one who turns up in a car come across as more established? No!
totally agree ! When i was driving trad in my older car i hated it ! Now i have a van . As for today a custy even went Out to the street to see my vanmount ! Happened a lot , and i love to take Them Out to see a Nice setup , clean an neat . I KNOW ive gotten more work from my signwritten van . Happens all the time . It hardly happened in my old car . Lot of trad cars in my area looks cheap and sloppy . I Would never ever represent my Company Like that anymore .

This is what i use. My trusty fabia haha.. I see a couple of others that use cars so when i started earlier in the year its never bothered me thinking whether i look professional or not. Most of my custys arent exactly well off themselves so im probably more approachable than someone in a big shiny van. Either way, im doing well so far.

View attachment 8353

Back