conservatory

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by mark2788, Mar 18, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mark2788

mark2788 Active Member

I'm wondering as a rule of thumb peopleo charge for cleaning conservatory roofs? I'm in East anglia but beyond to get opinions from all over thanks

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I always base it on time Mark.

Example= I can make £40 per hour cleaning 4 semis and a conny roof is going to take me an hour to do it well so £40 minimum.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#3 Smurf, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    The correct answer is as much as you can get away with
    There are so many variables to consider like

size
    type/style
    material it made of - hardwood, painted wood, aluminium, plastic
    crests & finials
    box guttering
    type of roof panels - plastic clear or opaque, glass or self cleaning glass
    pitch of roof
    access issues
    general condition
    frequency - one-off deep clean or regular maintenance cleans

That's just to name a few so no price is the same and you will find some jobs will take you a lot longer than you think too.

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

More than £40 :thumbsup:. It's an add on so should be priced higher ;). Also, who ever cleans just the roof and leaves all the other bits? Not me.

5. mark2788

mark2788 Active Member

After reading various posts on here will up our prices from now on, lots charging £40-50+ just sometimes don't want to charge too much and end up losing good jobs

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

To be honest I kept my prices low to start with just to gain the experience doing different types.
    For me that was the best way to learn and earn a bit whilst out on the job learning I found.

As soon as I had a few under my belt I started to up my prices and now I charge quite a bit so they can just take it or leave it as I'm not fussed one way or the other now. That goes for every service I offer as I had no one to teach me so I just got stuck in and learnt as I went along. Now I have a bit of a rep on here regarding pricing and I think the term some have used is "smurfed"

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Fixed it for you Smurf :whistle:

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i usually do them anywhere from £10 up ,long as not deep green . for every one thats a killer theres 3 that are quite easy

i will never do them on a hot day and some have to wait for a rainy day if they are very green which can be months,no matter thats my rule

9. Green Pro Clean Ltd

A good job is one you have done well, where the customer recognizes you have done well and rewards you appropriately by paying you a fair price for the job, not by knocking you down to £10/£20 cause they are a tight arsed git whom want it for nowt. That is not a good job. IMO - Be proud of your skills and charge accordingly, if they don't want to pay let them do it themselves.

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I did one today if anyone is interested as part of a full exterior job.

GOPR0540.JPG

Don't look too bad in the pic but that stuff was baked on I can tell you and was a bastuard get get off even using a pre soak & scrub of mix of tfr & a very small amount of hypo in warm water. Then wash over with hot and I mean very hot pure.

Anyone that does this sort of job for 10 -20 squid is totally bonkers if you ask me :confused:

Advertisement