Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Headstone cleaning

its a hard one to advertise. you wouldnt really want 'headstone cleaning' on your leaflets, would you???
I do and I advertise it on social media too .

Other wise your not going to get people to know that you do it . At the end of the day it is a service and if they want it they will contact you .

I have just had 2 come in today

I told you Jim you are on to a good un

Those pics you sent me are like night and day

Pity i only have a crematorium near me..anyone want their ashes cleaned?:confused:

I'd feel a bit guilty spray a load of hypo over people's graves lol doesn't feel right.
Adam you do realise there is a lot worse going on underground with decomposition etc that a bit of hypo on a bit of stone makes no difference whatsoever.. just being pragmatic but it is life mate.. especially if like me you don't believe in religion.. I'm sure once i have popped my clogs that a bit of hypo on my headstone won't bother me at all

Last edited by a moderator:
I told you Jim you are on to a good unThose pics you sent me are like night and day

Pity i only have a crematorium near me..anyone want their ashes cleaned?:confused:

Yeah I can't wait to get that one done and just had 2 more come in for that day aswell so be a good little earner . Could jist do with a few more a week

Adam you do realise there is a lot worse going on underground with decomposition etc that a bit of hypo on a bit of stone makes no difference whatsoever.. just being pragmatic but it is life mate.. especially if like me you don't believe in religion.. I'm sure once i have popped my clogs that a bit of hypo on my headstone won't bother me at all

did 1 last weekend with no nonsense degreaser, came up lovely. Custy was crying when she saw how well it came up. Felt good to do something that important so well. Not going to advertise it but will do if asked/mention it to certain custys.

How bad was it
hadn't been cleaned in 20 years and was under a tree. Green all over the white marble. Slightly stained on the sides but she was more then happy, offered to go back to try and sort sides but she said not to worry

Personally I don't have an issue with charging for something like this. after all undertakers charge for a service, as long as it's handled with the respect and dignity it deserves.

I cleaned my late father in laws up, it was only a small plaque amongst a row of others. I know it cost around £500 new & mother in law was well pleased with the results. 

The only thing to watch was the gold lettering which will come off. I  repainted it with gold enamel modelling paint. Looked great when you compare it to others at the cemetery. I'd price the clean and repaint separately.

That's come up well. Back to the original marble. New paint on the Lettering would make this look brand new though I'd imagine that would be a time consuming job

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Forums

That's come up well. Back to the original marble. New paint on the Lettering would make this look brand new though I'd imagine that would be a time consuming job

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Forums
Yes it is . I did offer but they already had someone to do the re lettering 

Here is the originalthat started the post 

Collage 2017-07-09 14_45_00.jpg

Back