Considering Buying Work

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Newbie123, Jan 20, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Considering buying a round but here's the big but as I'm only buying goodwill and not the custies struggle to justlify the high prices as would expect some loss of customers due to change of cleaner so the question is to those that have bought rounds what's the usual loss of custies ie 10% or higher and also the monthly clean price does not allow for running costs has any one bid the prices down to allow for this

Advertisement
  2. shazzy692002

Hi

I brought a round along with the van and wfp etc. Cost me alot, but i looked at the bigger picture, and glad i did.

I knocked of 2k to what he was asking. As he was still doing the job, we had a deal that any customers that turned me down, he would replace, which he did, but took him months.!!!

I pay £428 out on a loan every month. which is a big dent in my wage, Oh well in 5 years of starting it will be paid off, only 3.5 years to go.lol

3. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

take it you did that via an agreement through legal rep to prevent them starting again on your round

4. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

I have thought about buying some work and also thought about employing whizzbizz too
    You gotta look at the bigger picture .
    You buy a round for arguments sake 5x value its only 5 cleans til you hit a profit then its paid for
    If you employ a canvasser 2x clean then your in profit too just need to keep repeating it to refine
    And build a substantial round .
    This is my plan anyway .

5. shazzy692002

No. Very naive at the time, very small town too. Luckily my customers likes me, and i do a good job, so there has been no reason for them to leave me for him....Plus he gave me a whole load of pooh payers.lol.

6. OoO

OoO Guest

Newbie123 you haven't given us the important bits.

Is it a trad round or wfp round ?

Are you trad or wfp ?

What rate is he wanting for example if its a £1000 per 4 weeks is he charging 2k, 20k etc ?

Why is he selling etc?

7. OoO

OoO Guest

Oh and i bought £650 "worth of work" i went and checked and asked every house. I ended up with less than a £100's worth of work.

Luckily i was held back by two people as i was about to decorate his face. I got the work for £100 in the end ;)

8. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Looking at quite a few Damo some are a good distance away but 5x some are local 20 x don't want to borrow to pay for work as that's the way I see it the more you pay the more you work for free buying work is a new concept to me local work protected by a cloak and dagger club so buying work outside they area makes a bit more sense where the rates are lower (buying rate) but the clean return is the same and the travel is a down side but at least you pay as you do and don't like the idea of a club telling me what to do and how to do it

9. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Would consider trad or wfp or easily ready with either to answer the other question damo

10. OoO

OoO Guest

But are YOU trad or Wfp? Or Both. What you looking at doing..........

Advertisement