Contract to "look after" 55 warden assisted flats

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by Luke Barnard, Apr 20, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Luke Barnard

Luke Barnard Active Member

Had a voice mail this afternoon from a fella asking for a quote on a years contract to "look after" a block of 55 warden assisted flats.
    This is the first time I've dealt with a contract so I'm looking for any hints/ tips before I call him back in the morning.
    Also what else could/should I offer if they want the place "looked after" I'm thinking g-f-s once a year but as a one-off payment and do it first time I do the windows?
    Any advice much appreciated....

Advertisement
  2. johnny bravo

securing payment is essential, i have to wait 2 months for my show home cleans, im waiting to see if i get paid on 1st may as she has told me, i have all emails regarding payments etc from them.
    i hope they are not trying to fob me off.
    judge rinder will be getting a call from me if they are still on tv

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

They may want to see a copy of your insurance and RAMS (Risk assesment and Method statement) for any work you quote on. Most to be honest don't ask but be prepared if they do.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If it's sub contract work then be very cautious and make sure you ask loads of questions including terms of payment and do background checks who you are dealing with as you may wait months for payment.

5. Luke Barnard

I'm planning to visit, take photos and make notes and then email the quote with a copy of my insurance and a rams afterwards, I'm terrible for underquoting residential when put on the spot so I'd rather go away and think about it first...especially as I'll be tied to the price for a year..

6. Luke Barnard

Ok so I went to visit this today, building manager is on site 9-4 monday/friday so he'd be dealing with payment. The building has 264 windows and fully glazed doors over 3 floors and 18 of those windows to be cleaned internally also. They are looking for four quotes...bi-monthly for a year...bi-monthly for two years...fsg once a year and gutter clearance once a year. Straight forward type windows but looks like the last firm did a pretty slapdash job, dirty sills, runs from the vents and apparently one guy did it all in about 6 hours?
    What would you charge? 20150421_113034.jpg 20150421_113020.jpg 20150421_113034.jpg 20150421_112610.jpg 20150421_112627.jpg 20150421_113020.jpg

7. Luke Barnard

Any ideas on the difference between a price for one year and another for two years? Are they expecting me to do it cheaper if they give it to me for longer or should I be charging more to fix the price for a longer period?

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Are all the windows in the pics? It looks like you've duplicated 2 pics.

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Myself I never enter into a fixed term contract as that is not the way I like to work.

10. Luke Barnard

No I took 24 pics in order to get all 264 windows!! not sure why but yes one pic is duplicated in the post. There are two deep balconies on the 2nd floor but the owners would let me in to do them, a couple of flat roofs to climb on and some of those Juliet balconies with railings but nothing impossible....

Advertisement