Controller problem

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Adam curtis, May 28, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Adam curtis

Adam curtis Member

Can some one help I've had my van running for about 12mouths now but my controllers started playing silly bugers sometimes when I get it out to use there is no pressure and the water dribbles out my brush and when stop water running it doesn't hit dead end so pressure keeps building then when I turn water back on its like a power washer it's driving me nuts can someone help please

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Advertisement
  2. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Get a new one?

3. spruce

spruce Grand Master

controllerS?

How many controllers have you got and if you have more than 1 are they both doing the same thing?

I don't know about Spring controllers but if we get the polarity wrong when connecting our Varistream controllers up it usually damages the controller and it doesn't work.

It sounds to me as though you need to re calibrate your controllers. If the dead end isn't cutting out then this could solve the problem.
    Spring recommend that you leave the pump's pressure switch in place so the pressure should reach the cutoff pressure of the pressure switch and switch the pump off.

The water you are cleaning windows with is warmer in the summer. The warmer water 'softens' the hose and it expands. When you open the tap to continue to clean windows, this pressure buildup will gush out of the brush jets until the hose has shunk back to size.

What controllers and pumps have you got?

-

4. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

Also, It sounds like you have got an air lock in there. Put a Tap or a male fitting on the end of your hose and put the end of the hose into the top of your tank, (so you waste no water).... Then run the system on full power for a bit to try and force the air lock out. Then recalibrate if needed.

5. monkeyman

monkeyman Well-Known Member

This is very similar to the problem I had last week, after a bit of messing around I found that the inner of the hose had come detached from the outer. I almost bought a new controller. It took me about an hour to sus.

6. kevinc250

kevinc250 Well-Known Member

just one thing to check,open the strainer or filter before the pump and see if its blocked/dirty

7. Greig

Greig Newcomer

this is similar to what Ive had to deal with today. At 1st thought it was low power from battery, but no difference when van running (split relay would provide full power). Filter clean. No hose faults. How do I determine in the fault is pump pressure sensor or pump flow controller?

8. gto

gto Active Member

if you connect the pump directly to your battery, you will see if its the controller or pressure switch

9. Greig

Greig Newcomer

Thanks for the advice. Turns out its the pump control. All sorted.

10. spruce

spruce Grand Master

So sorry for asking; what did you do to sort it?

Advertisement