Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Controlling pressure.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Truckcab79

Is there a right way to reduce the pressure on your machine? Reduce revs on engine or using unloader valve? Common sense suggests the former. Less stress on engine can only be a good thing whereas running it at full whack and then restricting the output sounds counter-intuitive. Or am I missing something in the way the unloader works. Does it bleed off the ‘excess’ water if you restrict the output?

Hope that makes sense.

Many thanks.

I'm no expert on PW but I believe the unloader is mainly to stop a dead end when you let go of the trigger! I think that some dump the water back to the buffer tank and others circulate round the pump but the circulating ones aren't that good as the water gets hotter and hotter being circulated round the pump and a hot pump isn't great long term.
Lowering engine revs will also save yo on fuel!!! So I would say lower revs first adjust unloader if necessary.

As you know you can just use a wider fan nozzle to 'distribute' the pressure across a wider area to reduce the 'pounds per square inch' if you get me?

I'm no expert on PW but I believe the unloader is mainly to stop a dead end when you let go of the trigger! I think that some dump the water back to the buffer tank and others circulate round the pump but the circulating ones aren't that good as the water gets hotter and hotter being circulated round the pump and a hot pump isn't great long term.
Lowering engine revs will also save yo on fuel!!! So I would say lower revs first adjust unloader if necessary.

As you know you can just use a wider fan nozzle to 'distribute' the pressure across a wider area to reduce the 'pounds per square inch' if you get me?
Yes ours returns water to the buffer tank

Yes ours returns water to the buffer tank
As does mine. But it’s also marked plus and minus and adjusts the pressure.

Will reduce revs. That seems to be the most logical route. Has to be better for the engine to run under as little stress as possible.

Many thanks.

Back