Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Storing equipment

El Sombrero

Afternoon all, I've just moved over to a van (Renault Kangoo) having run my trolley system out of my car for the past few months. I'm looking for any practical suggestions on how I can store the equipment safely (pole, trolley, containers etc.)without it flying about everywhere every time I go round a corner. I've got away with jamming stuff in the past couple of days, but looking for a more permanent solution. Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a kangoo and this is how i made pole holders

Threaded holes already in the sides at the top to screw the wood in with

20170802_133121.jpg

20170802_133127.jpg

Iv got a pug partner , gutter pipe on the ceiling throw bulkhead and then I built a little  frame to keep 8 barrels in and bucket and scrim on top with other bits a bobs, and than iv got a large space at back for trolley or 2 , works a treat ?

IMG_20170723_164622.jpg

When I was working for bigger companies I tried a few different ways. Metal racking attached to plywood interior, with a bungee cord to keep everything down is my preferred option. But iv just started on my own and have a kangoo and there is no room for racking. I used two rectangle bits of plastic (5mm) and 3 gutter/drainage plastic tubes. Simply cut the two bits of plastic to fit the van, cut holes in and slot the tubes through

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

eb8cd230bcf08c86203efa50726a5300.jpg
4d52c67967de16b626aeb558c33a07ef.jpg
1b6869f0908db79dfd565dc35630943a.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Just keep throwing equipment in until it stops moving about.  :1f61c:

I find I have adjusted my driving style and take corners much slower now to avoid sloshing. 

@ Dave
With difficulty! had to saw a couple inches off the base so it would sit behind the wheel arches snuggly. Had to remove an internal plastic panel from the van to make adequate room for the outlet pipe & it dented the van on both sides twisting the tank into position. I don't recommend doing this. This is just my first start up van. Hope to have the money to finance summet nicer and scrap this one when the mot runs out

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Latest Posts

Back