Converting From Trad To Wfp

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by CallumTaylor8, Aug 18, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. CallumTaylor8

CallumTaylor8 Newcomer

Hi all this is my first post but been reading on the forum for a thew months now

Basically I am going to be getting my self a backpack WFP system to convert all my tops from trad, well my point is when I've spoken to a couple of my customers they don't seem to keen on the idea of me doing there windows with a pole. God knows why :/ they say to me
    "I've had the window cleaners that use the pole and they leave my windows a right mess and all wet"
    However I'm just abit worried that I'm going to loose these customers when I start using my pole,
    So what would you guys do if these customers complain would you go back to using trad method on them certain customers or just tell them to do
    One this is how I work now....

Advertisement
  2. OoO

OoO Guest

Having converted X rounds (forgotten how many now)

You can earn more money safer and quicker.

IF you need the customers then yeah if they moan stick to using ladders for them.

You will soon realise how much quicker wfp is on tops and safer of course.

If you decide to convert the tops to WFP then ONE MAJOR IMPORTANT PIECE OF ADVICE. Do some prep work on the top windows BEFORE you clean them with your pole. Carry some pure water in a spray bottles and clean the tops with pure water only. AND clean all the frames with pure water only. Really go to town on them. The next time round it will be so much easier todo.

Explain to customers its for your health and safety and they will reap the benefits. (conny roofs,fascia cleans etc etc can all be done very quickly with wfp)

3. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

Hi Mate, welcome to the forum...

Water fed pole is not as easy as it looks, it takes some getting use to and good at..

I would start using it on a few customers first until you are good at it,

Then start converting the rest, keep all your jobs until you start to get more customers who like WFP and then replace the ones who don`t with them...

Hope that helps

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

@ Callum, what if you really like wfp and want to start doing the bottoms wfp too? You won't be able to use the H&S excuse for that. My advice would be go the whole hog. What I mean is do the whole house wfp on a few till you get au fait with it, then gradually convert more till you get a van system.

5. CallumTaylor8

CallumTaylor8 Newcomer

Yeah that's what I was thinking explaining to the customers about health & safety etc, and yeah the last clean before I use my pole really get the frames spotless so when I use my pole I won't have any problems with dirty water running down the glass after I'm gone

But yeah thanks for the advice. All comments taken on board, cheers lads

6. CallumTaylor8

CallumTaylor8 Newcomer

Yeah tuffers that's the bigger picture I want to be 100% wfp but at the minute all I can afford is a backpack/trolley system and that won't be sufficient enough to be doing full days work tops & bottoms I'd be forever filling up,

But hopefully this time next year I will have a van system, the full works :) & no more climbing ladders.

7. OoO

OoO Guest

I run completely off a trolley system and I can beat most if not all hose users I have come across.

My dad completely runs off a trolley system as well.

I can fill a 22L drum in less than 45 secs. But my trolley is custom built inc a built in hose reel and wireless on and off.

I see people fighting all the time with hose management and parking lol.

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

What vehicle have you got? I used to use a Vauxhall Vectra with a trolley system and 6/7 25L containers.

9. CallumTaylor8

CallumTaylor8 Newcomer

Yeah I suppose you can dont take long to fill up, it's all trial and error isn't it and a trolley system would probably be a lot easier as I'm all domestic... Reel in and pull the trolley in a van it's a lot of stop and start and I guess that's what takes the time.... I drive a suzuki swift at the minute girls car I know :) and also would be a tight fit all the drums

Do you use a trigger?? On the hose

10. OoO

OoO Guest

I use a wireless system.

Similar to a car remote.

On and off ;)

Cost less than £20 so I can turn pump on and off.

Advertisement