Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

sorry

WCF

Help Support WCF:

norm

for these questions as i am trad only

do you w.f.p. tops and trad bottoms, w.f.p everything as its faster?

or just personal choice

once you w.f.p. can u trad it then w.f.p next time or once ya w.f.p theres no going back:rolleyes:

for these questions as i am trad onlydo you w.f.p. tops and trad bottoms, w.f.p everything as its faster?

or just personal choice

once you w.f.p. can u trad it then w.f.p next time or once ya w.f.p theres no going back:rolleyes:
great questions norm... i do know i watched one company wfp the flats near a block i do and i didnt want to get my ladders out while they were there and yes they certainly were faster............but i did notice they trad the bottoms..../emoticons/smile.png maybe didnt have a short enough pole for the bottom flats...

as usual great reply /emoticons/smile.pngspruce

Last edited by a moderator:
When we went WFP 10 years ago we decided to 'pole' the lot. For me it made no sense to trad the bottoms. I am short so unlike the tall guys, I can't reach the top of the down stairs windows so I would have to lug around a small pair of step ladders for that.

It was much quicker to clean bottoms wfp. Once we got on top of using wfp it was so much easier as I no longer had to carry ladders and steps for tops and bottoms.

However, if you are starting on a tight budget with limited water capacity, then better to wfp the tops and trad the bottoms. I would always recommend that you buy the tools you will need for the next few years and include any expansion in your calculations. We have wasted a lot of money over the years not thinking ahead far enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for replys @cheapncheerful and @spruce i am not able to reach the top of the downstairs windows either but have a guy who helps me so was thinking w.f.p tops and trad bottoms but not sure

@cheapncheerful i think it would be a wise move on our part to go w,f,p but its a big change me thinks:D and not cheap

When I started WFP six years ago I still did the bottoms trad. This was because I didn't have enough water to do bottoms as well. More than a few customers said to me they preferred the effect of the WFP to the trad methods because it cleaned the frames and left no detergent residue. In hindsight lots of us start WFP with a smaller tank and van because it's cheaper to get started. By far the best way would be to WFP the lot. That's where the real time saving comes in. But if you can't stretch to carry enough water for the lot then by all means trad the bottom. I guess it all comes down to what size tank you can carry.

Personally I would recommend a water saving device on the pole. Aquadaptor, trigger or that new twist dubry I've seen lately. I know a lot of people don't like triggers but you can't beat it for water saving. Nothing that I've come across let's you pulse while scrubbing. For that reason if you really put your mind to it you can save shocking levels of water with a trigger without sacrificing speed or results. Just a little awkward to use at times.

Once you've cleaned a window WFP don't go back to do it trad. The first rotation on WFP takes far longer than successive cleans. It's like doing a first clean on every house. Even if you clean the frames trad, you've still go to ensure there is no detergent left on the windows which will spot. You'll even see your regular windows frothing up a little.

@norm, you've got a van, go the whole hog. You won't look back, believe me! The amount of extras you can offer is amazing. I've done 2 conny roofs on top of my window round this week and have a day job booked in yesterday for a whole house uPVC clean, gutters, fascias, soffits and conny roof, that I wouldn't have touched if I was still trad.

@norm, you've got a van, go the whole hog. You won't look back, believe me! The amount of extras you can offer is amazing. I've done 2 conny roofs on top of my window round this week and have a day job booked in yesterday for a whole house uPVC clean, gutters, fascias, soffits and conny roof, that I wouldn't have touched if I was still trad.
yeah @Tuffers i am seeing so much work i cant do and when on my own i carry step ladders for downstairs. set of trebbles for upstairs on one shoulder and bucket in other hand:rolleyes:

not ideal i am going to make my mind up by next few days then go for it or leave it cus i think know is the time to decide

and tell the mrs:eek:

yeah @Tuffers i am seeing so much work i cant do and when on my own i carry step ladders for downstairs. set of trebbles for upstairs on one shoulder and bucket in other hand:rolleyes:not ideal i am going to make my mind up by next few days then go for it or leave it cus i think know is the time to decide

and tell the mrs:eek:
Sounds like a no brainer @norm

have to say this forums members have been brilliant help to me and many others i would have been lost without the help and advice i have got on here :thumbsup:

Yep good advice as usual from the boys

Deffo get a good pole, brush and water saving device of choice, then its just producing pure....the easy bit.

And the first month or two is hard work compared to your normal cleans and worrying for a good while because you will be worrying about spotting, losing customers, if you are doing it right etc etc but thats all normal

Best decision i ever made, been wfp two years now, custys love it

So very true. One off fascia or cons roof cleans suddenly add a decent amount to your income.
Yes, I had a walk up a couple of weeks ago when I was doing a fascia / gutter clean over the road from them. Booked it in on the Good Friday at 9am, finished 2 hours later. I also did a conny roof this morning. The add on's all add up :thumbsup:. I like to do the add on's out of hours so to speak, so I can clean them without looking at the time all the time.

I'm the same tuffers, sometimes i will chip away at the job and get paid when done, only on smaller jobs though

Like one house the other week asked for a conny cleaned all over, so each clean i would do 15 mins on the conny and do the windows as normal after. Also a few like to pay abit everytime too, suppose it spreads the cost for them. Nice overtime for me lol

Like I mentioned before norm wfp kit can increase turnover dramatically so the outlay is defo worth it.

Most that start just doing tops soon wfp the lot then might trad bottoms when they start running low of water. Yep I've been known do it too /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back