Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Asked To Do A Quote Today And....WOW!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

"Grand Designs" wanted to film the building of this project, so I was told by the owner today. They have built this one and are in the process of building a second one next to it, that is even bigger! The people wanted a quote for 8 weekly inside and out. It has a lawn on the roof and there will be 450 square metres of glass to clean if in and out are done. There are some very tricky windows to reach as can be seen in the pics below. Pole tradding the inside is a bit of a no no as dirty water could run down the paint work. Also the high internal windows are set back at the base of the glass by about 12", so a pole would not get to it. There is a glass balustrade on some parts of the house which need cleaning both sides, slight problem as the inside of them is 20' from a courtyard.

FE0E0035-C6E2-4037-B086-5DA722B6DA9C_zpsxbjmod6t.jpg

CF55F7D2-DFDB-4E10-A4E4-4FF6F27091B2_zps7fz4yhez.jpg

8A386D29-B4B7-4047-B6B5-F4AE49C09CE7_zpsyimccayc.jpg

C49B805D-7B87-4BF5-8AAF-D98DF7F7D745_zpszyeuauzd.jpg

55040DF8-1E12-4D11-8300-3E7A1032E861_zpsqiq4b1hv.jpg

4AF9E810-F990-4215-AB2C-6E9D224C0F25_zpsjjo4b2ia.jpg

998A7DFD-9F14-444D-BBD1-7E21CB8379DA_zpsofpn9rtj.jpg

How would you tackle this one then?

Dammmn that looks a toughy. I'd love to have a go on those big ground floor windows but other ones look a bastardo.

We'll if I get it @cheapncheerful, I think I will have to invest in a Dragonfly kit, which won't even pay for itself on the first clean. Hope I don't get it now /emoticons/biggrin.png

Or maybe get one of these instead /emoticons/biggrin.png

[media]

[/media]

Looks like a challenge tuffers. Those high internals look particularly difficult because of the way they sit back. I would have to do them with a ladder with a stand off and then pole it. But sounds like poling is a no no. And it doesnt sound practicable to be carrying a ladder around inside.

Just about to google dragonfly kit.

I was kidding as the built in battery would run out very quickly on a job that size.

You can't run it from mains power whilst it's charging either as I found out :whistle:

Now theres an Idea

Looks like a challenge tuffers. Those high internals look particularly difficult because of the way they sit back. I would have to do them with a ladder with a stand off and then pole it. But sounds like poling is a no no. And it doesnt sound practicable to be carrying a ladder around inside.
Just about to google dragonfly kit.
Me and ladders inside do not mix :eek:

Broken_windows_caused_by_damaged_shade_sails_at_a_used_car_lot_in_Townsville.jpg

There you go tuffers

[media]

[/media]
Just buy the bits you need and stick them on your wfp for the inside windows. If you want can also rig up a spray to the pole aswell so works simular to a dragon fly.

Wow what a hell of a job! Lots of glass there don't know if I would fancy it unless I was getting top dollar for it. Insides do look a right pain as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back