Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A car with a big sign

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Johnny

Hi I recently enquired to the council about round about sponsor ship and they wanted 2200 for the year for 4 signs on one roundabout which I thought was a little expensive. But saying that I'm not sure how effective it may be.

I'm thinking of getting 2 cars and put them close to a few good points I know.

Was going to do a decent sign on each car nice and bold. Will be seen by thousands of people daily. Like S wooden board that mounts onto the roof double sided.

I can get 2 driveable cars for 400.

My friend owns a mot station and I get free mots.

I could add the cars to my dads traders policy so they will be insured.

I'd only have to tax the 2 cars yearly for about 120 each for year. Let's just say 400 for both at worse ways.

That's 800 for 2 advertising points

Signs may cost 300 or so.

Works out about 1000-1200 and I get 2 locations instead of 1

What you guys reckon?

unsure which area of the country you live but id be swayed towards finding land that is privately owned and approaching owner that way i dont think you would need to have a full running vehicle with mot tax etc and the costs that go with that- it doesnt even need to be a car that way that way it could just be a sign with posts in the ground- other good ways of advertising if you was looking at spending 1000 would be say a concentrated paid flyer drop through royal mail at say £60 per 1000 flyers £1000 can go a long way that way

The only way to find out is give it a go and find out the R.O.I. it either works or it doesn't then move on to the next idea.

I would say you need to think what image you want to give of your business! If yiu get two cars for this cost lets face it they are gonna be bangers. So two old cars with boards on top parked on the side of roads is what people remember your business for????!!!! Maybe it will work for you but I know certainly in the areas I cover this wouldn't impress the customers I aim for. Good luck with it either way

Latest Posts

Back